Ahoy

A few weeks went by, with Newt and Tina maintaining a low profile. The day came when they were off to London. Queenie was aghast about the information at first, but she agreed. Her sister was in deep trouble and the best  thing she could do is to support her no matter what. Jacob was elated. He could now open up a proper bakery in London!

Theseus, however wasn't a happy man with the decision. He tried talking to Newt and Dumbledore, but he just couldn't argue with them. He hadn't talked to Darlene too, after the werewolf incident.

Perhaps he could go to her house and talk about it. And bid her farewell. Their relationship had ended even before it even managed to make a sturdy start.

And that's what he did.

Theseus went to Darlene's. It was a nice apartment above a dry cleaning shop and the place usually smelt of fresh herbs.

"So you're really leaving?" Darlene asked.

"Yeah" Theseus nodded, "It's uh. . something. Something came up".

"I'll miss you" Darlene tried to hold back her tears, "I'm sorry for all of this. I should've told you that I was a. . half-breed beforehand".

"Don't call yourself that!" Theseus protested, "Darlene, you're amazing".

"Does anyone else know about this?" Darlene asked, feeling a bit guilty.

"No. I hadn't said anything to anyone yet" Theseus said, "Not Queenie or Jacob. Not my brother. Not Tina. Not anyone".

"You're sweet, Theseus. Any woman would be lucky to have you" Darlene said, "You know how to keep a secret. Sadly, I'm afraid I can't court you anymore".

"I'm sorry about London" Theseus nodded his head, "My brother is an expert at getting into trouble".

"Yeah" Darlene smiled through the pain, "You're a great guy, Theseus. I don't think I'm the right fit for you. Perhaps you'll find someone, much better. I don't do well with commitment, you see. Being a werewolf and all".

"How did that happen?" Theseus asked.

"When I was twelve, this girl, Emily Parks bit me. And I was still in school. It was a traumatizing time" Darlene admitted, "I was too young to understand. My parents tried their best to cure me, but I couldn't be cured. I became a half-breed".

"I'm sorry".

"It's okay" Darlene said, "I enjoyed our times together. But now that you know I'm a werewolf, you can't be with me anymore. I might get dangerous. Things can take a turn and I don't want to hurt you, Theseus".

Theseus checked his pocket watch. It was a quarter past eleven. The ship would be leaving in another thirty minutes and he had promised he'd meet his family and friends at the docks by eleven thirty. He should really leave.

"I need to go" Theseus said, "The ship leaves soon".

"Yeah".

Theseus got up, unable to leave as if he was rooted to the spot. He looked into Darlene's eyes and couldn't help himself. He pressed a small kiss on her lips before parting away. Darlene felt herself lighten up.

"Goodbye" she said, the ghost of the kiss embedded on her lips.

"Farewell".

"Hey, Theseus. All good?" Newt asked his brother. The whole of the group were present. Albus Dumbledore hid his face under his fedora. Credence was given a whole new disguise. Queenie and Jacob were busy discussing plans for the bakery. Tina felt the whole world crack on her, like she was a plate and Newt felt awkward.

"Yeah, I'm good" Theseus joined the others with his luggage, still feeling a bit left out after Darla.

The ship's horn blared. "All aboard!" the captain yelled. 

Everyone got on board. Credence lagged behind, next to Newt and Tina.

"What happened Credence? Everything okay?" Tina asked.

"You wanted a list" Credence pulled out a piece of paper, "Here".

He handed the paper to Newt and caught up with Jacob and Queenie, intruding their bakery conversation.

"Did we ask him about a list?" Tina asked.

"I think so?" Newt felt unsure, "It's about Dumbledore's obsessions. Remember?"

"Yeah. What does it say?" 

"Hmm, I never pictured Dumbledore to want to get Bermuda shorts" Newt observed the list, "And. . he wants. ."

"Don't!" Tina warned, jokingly, "Trust me, the next time he'd want a Pina Colada" 

"What's a Pina Colada?"

"A fancy drink with those umbrellas. Queenie loves them, but I've never bothered to understand why" Tina said, "I've drunk them once and  I hate the taste of alcohol, so naturally I've developed a distaste for them".

"Speaking of food, we've never gone on a single date. At all" Newt brought it up, gathering all of his courage in one place, "I'm sorry. I haven't asked you out at all and we've been together for five months, I estimate".

"Perhaps we can go on our very first date in London. A nice tea shop perhaps" Tina tried her best to get her British accent on, but in the end, it sounded like a pirate who grunts, "Aaarr!" 

"Cute" Newt muttered under his breath, "But not quite perfect".

Tina gave him a punch on the shoulder. Newt winced, "Okay, okay, it sounds perfect".

"You're too nice" Tina rolled her eyes. She planted a kiss on his cheek. Newt turned extremely red, feeling flushed and delirious at the same time. 

Back in New York, Darlene was just getting to go to buy some potion ingredients when there was a knock at the door. 

She half-expected Theseus to come back and give her a hug and tell her that he wasn't going to London. But that was just a mere dream, or a desire if she were to put it. There was no way that she'd ever meet Theseus again. He'd be three thousand miles away from her and become a distant memory.

Truth to be told, he was the very first man whom Darlene had truly loved. She had several relationships with others, but who knew that in the form of a blind date she had discovered the person for her. 

Perhaps she was being light-headed from the werewolf transformations and probably she needed a well deserved rest after her working hours.

She opened the door to find a MACUSA worker, dressed in an ironed robe and shirt and trousers. He seemed professional, like a man who knew everything.

"Hello?" she said, "May I help you?"

"Darlene Edwards, right?" the man asked, making sure that she was the right person they sent him to.

"Yes" she nodded, "What happened?"

"You're under arrest".

A/N : Hello everyone! How's the world of quarantine treating you?

I was so bored that I started to paint some random stuff and there's a stack of half-painted drawings in my cabinet that I'm too lazy to complete it.

Anyway, hope y'all are safe! Have a good day!( And wash your hands, clean your face, don't get outside, y'know the drill...)

Thanks for reading and once again, have a good day!

A_Quibbler

P.S : I'm not telling you anything about the cliffhanger, mwahahaha!!