Acme

It had been the day after the party and everybody resumed back to work. Tina decided to take Dakota's advice and talk to Newt about their relationship. 

He was in his sanctuary when Tina went to visit him. Credence was feeding the Nifflers while Bunty fed the Occamies. Newt was talking to his Zouwu, something he usually did when he felt overwhelmed and want to get things off his chest.

"Newt?" Tina said, regaining her composure, "Can I talk to you?"

"Oh, um, well" Newt said, "Credence? Bunty? Can you excuse us--?"

"Sure" Bunty said, "Mr Scamander, I have to leave to my grandma's place. Do you think it'd be okay if I can take the rest of the day and tomorrow off?"

"That's perfectly alright, Bunty" Newt was a very liberal boss.

"I'll check on the bread" Credence said.

Once the two of them left, Newt sat down with Tina. He fidgeted nervously, fiddling with his wand and accidentally levitating a few objects.

"Anyways" Tina began, "I consider my behavior at the party extremely inappropriate. I shouldn't have walked out in such a fashion and I should've listened to you better".

"Yes, um, I mean, yes, quite . . . I mean, of course" Newt became flustered, "And I should've been better and clear with the explanation. I should've told you that Anna was quite infatuated with me and she made the move and I couldn't push her away since it is highly . . disregarded".

"Thoughtful" Tina agreed.

There was an awkward pause.

"Newt, it isn't just about Anna" Tina began, "I've been talking and getting to know myself and things are just drifting apart. We seem to no longer find common ground or interests to talk about. We haven't gone out on our first date yet and we seem to be engaged with our professions that we hardly have time for others".

"But two people, being in a relationship, doesn't mean you must engage with them all day" Newt said.

"I know" Tina replied, "And it also seems that we've never found any compromise".

"Compromise, for what, exactly?" Newt asked.

"Nothing. Forget I said anything" Tina replied.

"I understand" Newt said, "The fire once we had, has now died down".

"It's not just the fire" Tina said.

"Are you getting cold feet?" Newt asked, "About us?"

"None. It's nothing, okay?" Tina stood up.

"I understand" Newt nodded, "We aren't like Queenie and Jacob and we seem to be burdened by this expectation where we are supposed to do somethings and make time for each other, but our commitments refuse to allow that. But I just want to tell you something that I love you and nothing's going to change that. Even if you doubt our relationship's journey, I can assure you that I won't have any doubts. You have always been the one and you're amazing".

"What did you say?" Tina turned to him, in shock.

"I m-mean" Newt's ears turned red, "I said that you're amazing".

"No, before that" Tina said, trying to catch onto the exact words she hadn't been paying very close attention to.

"I can assure you I won't have any doubts. .?" Newt said.

"No, even before that" Tina really wished she could note everything down on a piece of paper.

"Our other commitments refuse to allow that?" Newt guessed, keeping the conversation as far as possible.