Ayin

"Why are you mad at him?" Credence asked Nagini, "Dumbledore did nothing"

"Exactly" Nagini pointed out. The three of them sat around the kitchen table to negotiate peacefully without any fist fights, unexpected transformations into a snake or hexing each other to the Moon. Credence had to calm them down, especially Nagini.

"What do you mean?" Credence asked, "Dumbledore, what is going on?"

"Credence, I kept you as a secret. Nobody knew about it, except for the Scamander brothers and their friends. I didn't want to tell anyone that you were alive and well, since people might use you for their own needs. We must keep your powers confidential, which is why I gave you a new name to abide by" Albus explained.

"And he didn't tell me that you were alive" Nagini hissed, "All through the past few months, I thought y-you were gone. . I thought you were in Azkaban or some other prison. . it broke me".

"I'm sorry about that, Nagini. Very sorry. It was for Credence's safety. If the Ministry employees were to intercept my Owl Posts, which they usually do, because of my history with Grindelwald and how I can't be trusted, I couldn't tell anyone about it" Albus seemed very apologetic indeed, "I had to lie, for everyone's safety. The Ministry cannot know about this".

There was a huge silence before Credence asked,changing the subject so she wouldn't feel guilty, "Nagini, I heard you were in South America. How did you come here?"

Nagini gulped, "I . . . I had to make money somehow. The Ministry, they wouldn't let me work for them. Even if I did my job diligently, they hated me because of my . . . breed. Hence, I decided to work for another traveling circus. I heard that the circus was based in the UK, so I made my way and earned some money. I performed shows, trying to keep you out of my mind, so I could concentrate. Then we. . . we came to London where I saw you"

"Oh I'm so sorry" Credence gave Nagini a bear hug, "Why didn't you come home with Yusuf Kama, instead?"

"He told me to stay there. I couldn't" Nagini sobbed.

"I'm glad everything's cleared up now" Albus said, smiling, ever so slightly, "Nagini, you're welcome to stay here, for as long as you please".

"And I'll promise we'll find a job together" Credence assured her, "I don't want you working in circuses and putting your life in danger".

"Really?" Nagini looked up at Credence and Albus. She felt ecstatic, "Thank you, for this. You're right. Circuses are stupid. I work hard everyday, but nobody recognizes me. They assume I'm some ox, working hard in the field".

"You'll find it great here, Nagini. I don't want you running away" Albus said, "All of our friends are here and well and I hope you'll make this your home, soon enough. It's important we protect you as well".

"Okay" Nagini agreed, "I promise I won't strangle you".

Albus chuckled, "Great then. I have some work to finish . Credence-?"

"I'll make lunch. Ever tried baked beans from a can, Nagini?"

"No. . ?"

"It's simply heavenly! Come on, I'll show you!"

It was a rather quiet funeral. Nobody had come, except for Dakota and her colleagues from the Curse-Breaking Department. Dakota glanced at the watch. Theseus was supposed to be here, right? After all, that's what he said to her, "I'll be there, Dakota". She looked at Anna's lifeless body sitting in the coffin. The priest began the ceremony.

Dakota remembered when the Ministry officials pulled Anna's body out of the water to conduct the autopsy. Then, it was transferred to the morgue, among the other dead people. Dakota struggled to not cry.