Chapter 31 - Ava

Tapping my highlighter against the notes I've been re-reading a yawn escapes me.  So far my Sunday has been wisely spent working on my mounting assignments but now my mostly sleepless night is catching up with me.

Footsteps approach snapping my head up from my book. My heart flutters when Trey strolls into the office and sets down a steaming cup of tea on the large mahogany desk. Trey was kind enough to suggest I use the front office to study instead of the coffee table in the lounge so I'm less distracted and more comfortable.

"Thank you, handsome." His thoughtfulness is so sweet that I beam up at him. His captivating green eyes crinkle as he smiles back. There really isn't a more wonderful sight.

"How's the study going?"

"Good, I'm just putting the finishing touches on one assignment then I'll start on the other."

"Sounds like you're on a roll. I better leave you to it then." Trey motions to leave when words fly out of my mouth.

"Stay!" My cheeks redden at how silly and desperate that sounds. "I mean... I could use a break."

"Ok." Trey eagerly plops down in a chair on the other side of the desk sporting a huge smirk. "So, what do you want to do on your break?" There's a cheeky twinkle in his eyes which I'm beginning to understand.

My shoulders hike, I just wanted him here. I hadn't really thought beyond that.

"I'm a bit hungry, to be honest." Trey's words surprise me, I assumed his thoughts were leading elsewhere. We had toasties for brunch and he chowed down three of them after all.

"Ok, what do you want me to make?"

Trey's smirk broadens as he taps the wooden desk. "How about you sit your fine ass right here."

I readily comply and move in front of Trey. "First, I need to confiscate these." Biting my lip, my leggings and panties are dragged down in one quick motion.

Waking up from my fantasy with a jolt, I find I've been resting my weary head on my journal. Just great, I dozed off and had naughty dreams. Trey's somehow turned me into some sex-crazed hussy.

Glancing at my phone to see how long I nodded off for, I spy several missed calls from Letty and one message.

*PLEASE, WE NEED TO TALK!!! BRAX TOLD ME SOMETHING YOU REALLY NEED TO HEAR!!!*

Letty's text message is in capitals which isn't a good sign. I re-read it a third time still musing on what to do. I know that she had good intentions and that I need to forgive her but I'm still hurt. After all, blocking Kyal's number on my phone, wasn't her decision to make even if he turned psychotic at the prospect of me moving on.

*OK, want to grab a coffee tomorrow morning?* I type out and send the message before overthinking anything.

Letty quickdraws a response like she's a gunslinger at the ready. *Are you free now?*

I shrug and decide why not. I have some grocery shopping to do after all and could use the break. I only nodded off briefly after all.

*Alright, give me time to get my face on.*

*Cool, meet you at Mugz.* Letty shoots off in reply almost the second I send mine. If speed-texting was a competition, I'm sure she'd win.

~

It's 40 minutes later when I pull up to a local coffee shop. My hair is tied up in a sloppy bun, and all I managed is a light dusting of powder on my face. I would have made more of an effort if it wasn't for Trey being so distractingly sexy.