Training Camp: Part 2

Our team was overwhelmed by the other schools' power. They lost three matches and only won one. I didn't expect it at all. I knew how powerful Karasuno was, but seeing their opponents play I could tell that they were more experienced than us. They moved like there was only one person playing. Their synchronization was so perfect. Our team, on the other hand, was full of holes. Holes that I'd never noticed before. I finally understood why Ukai-san brought me here.

Karasuno's members were exhausted. Well, after doing 300 push-ups that was expected. After the matches, each team would be having a meeting in their respective rooms.

When I entered the room, I was greeted by long faces. Everyone looked disappointed by the results of their game. Ukai-san and Shimizu-senpai, who barely talked, tried to cheer them up but it was useless. So I felt a huge pressure when it was finally my turn.

"Minna, don't be so sad. What happened today was just normal." I said but no response came from them. I bet they didn't even hear me. They kept sighing and sighing and that kind of annoyed me. I was disappointed in them. The Karasuno I knew wouldn't let this kind of thing affect them.

"Ne, instead of sulking why don't you improve yourselves?" That caught their attention. Then I started stating the things they lacked and the holes in their strategies based on the matches that I had seen. I also told them how could they improve it, of course, with the help of Ukai-san, who approved my suggestions. After that, they all seemed fired up.

"Yosh, stop slacking your asses off and move!" I said.

"Yeah!" They yelled and headed to the gym to practice.

Ukai-san praised me for what I did, while Shimizu-senpai gave me an approving smile.

As the boys continued to practice, the managers went to bath to relax. Shimizu-senpai and I became close to them in just a short time. The hot spring was warm and relaxing. The exhaustion that I felt vanished in an instant.

After a while, I excused myself and got out of the bath because I was starting to get dizzy. On my way to our room, I saw someone sitting on a bench. It was so dark that I didn't recognize him immediately but after seeing his hair I realized who he was.

I sneaked behind his back and messed his hair. If there was one thing Kuroo hated the most, it was when his hair was in disorder. Kuroo groaned in frustration as he grabbed my arm.

"What the hell Akira?!" Kuroo yelled as he glared at me.

"Sorry, I just can't help it." I said as I sat next to him.

"You can't help it? You haven't changed at all. You always mess my hair when you get the chance." He said while I only laughed at him. It annoyed him, of course, but much to my surprise he pulled me to him and started rubbing my hair.

"Kuroo, stop it!" I said.

"This is what you get for always making fun of my hair." 

"Ah, I'm jealous. I wish I had a childhood friend too." Someone suddenly said.

Kuroo finally stopped messing up my hair and we both turned our heads towards the source of the voice. My eyes widened when I saw the members of Karasuno staring at us. I quickly slid away from Kuroo when I saw Kei looking at us.

"Could you please stop flirting already?" Tanaka said.

"We're not flirting!" Kuroo and I both said.

"Oh sure you're not. You've been like that since morning." I blushed at Nishonoya's observation.

"He's right. If you don't tell us what your relationship really is, all of us would think that you are dating." Tanaka said.