Love is such a wonderful thing

It had been two weeks since Kei and I started going out. At first we were awkward around each other, but as we spent more time together we got used of each other's presence. The volleyball team still didn't know about our relationship, except for Tadashi and Shimizu-senpai. We weren't trying to hide it from them but I was afraid that they would treat us differently if they found out.

When the volleyball team didn't have practice at lunch, Kei and I spent our time under the tree, his favorite place for when he wanted to be alone, and now a place for us to be alone. When it was just the two of us, he would immediately slide his fingers into mine. His hand was so big, and his fingers were so long. I found it very relaxing when I could feel his touch.

The bell rang, signaling the end of class. Kei and I made our way to the gym with our hands intertwined. It had become a habit and we forgot that the volleyball team didn't know about us yet. So yeah, when we entered the gym, everyone dropped everything and stared. When Kei and I finally realized it, we quickly let go. A minute passed but no one uttered a word, but their eyes spoke volumes: they travelled between me and Kei and the space between us, then back to me again. Tanaka was the one who broke the silence, stomping his feet as he ran towards us. He grabbed Kei's collar, trying to lift him up, but failed miserably because Kei towered over him. He glared at him with blazing eyes.

"Tsukishima, you traitor! How could you do this to us?!" Tanaka yelled.

Everyone snapped back to reality, and Nishinoya followed suit.

"That's right! How could you break our rule?!" Nishinoya said.

Rule?

"What rule are you talking about?" Kei asked, glaring at Tanaka. He must've sensed the danger so he quickly stepped back and released him.

"Our rule! How could you forget it?!" Nishinoya yelled, irritated.

"That no one must date our manager!" Tanaka added.

Did that kind of rule really exist?

"Oh, I see." Kei responded.

"'Oh, I see'. Is that all you have to say? You broke the rule, you traitor, and that's all you have to say?!" Tanaka snapped as he tried to grab Kei's collar once again, but he stopped midway when Kei shot him a look.

"You betrayed us!" Nishinoya added.

"But Akira isn't our manager." Kei said, shutting Nishinoya and Tanaka up.

"Well, Tsukishima is right. Akira is not our manager, she's just helping our team, so that means he didn't break the rule that you're talking about." Daichi-san said.

"You guys like to exaggerate things. Anyway, congratulations to both of you." Added Sugawara.

"Heh..I didn't know that Tsukishima had that cute side of him." said Hinata.

"Pfft.." That was all Kageyama had said.

"What the hell was that Kageyama?" Kei asked.

But Kageyama only ignored him and went back to practice, dragging Hinata with him.

"But--" Tanaka tried to say something but was cut out by Ukai-san.

"What's going on here?" Ukai-san asked.

Almost everyone went back practicing except for Tsukishima, Tanaka, Nishinoya, and Daichi-san. Much to my surprise, Kei searched for my hand and held it tightly. Ukai-san saw it. Although he tried not to show his reaction, it was obvious that he was shocked.