I like him..no I love him

My heart was pounding. What was with this sudden turn of events? Last night I was freaking out to meet his parents, but now I couldn't stop freaking out knowing Kei and I would be alone.

"Sorry about that. They were actually disappointed when they received a call this morning. They really wanted to meet you." Kei apologized.

"No, it's nothing. I was just surprised; I thought I'd be with your parents for the whole day." I said with a nervous laugh.

Nervous laugh? Why was I nervous? So what if we were alone? It wasn't like... like... wahhh!! I should stop imagining things! Kei wouldn't do that! He knew that I wasn't ready yet, right? Right?

"..Akira! You're spacing out again. What are you thinking?"

"N-Nothing."

"When you say nothing it's obviously something." Then he sat next to me in the sofa. My body instinctively tensed up when our shoulders touched.

"Don't tell me you're thinking that I will do something to you?" I blushed as he burst out laughing.

"W-What?" I asked, annoyed.

"I thought you were worried because of my parents but it seems like you're worried about something else."

"Stupid! I'm not worried about anything. It's just..."

"Well, whatever it is, I assure you that I won't do anything to you. So you can relax." He said as he left the room.

Did I offend him? It wasn't like I was afraid that he would do something to me. It was just my first time to be alone in a boy's house. I didn't know how to act normally. I felt conscious with my every move. I knew I was just overthinking but...

Kei suddenly called me out. He told me to come to the kitchen. I reluctantly went there. I was afraid that I'd just offend Kei again.

I stopped and stood in the kitchen with eyes wide open: the table was full of my favorite foods, but what surprised me the most was the birthday cake in the middle. I just stared at the table, unable to utter a word. I was so surprised that I was tongue-tied. Tears were forming in my eyes, and even though I tried my best to hold it in, I couldn't stop them from streaming down my face. Kei wrapped his arms around my waist from the back and whispered:

"Happy birthday."

He wiped the tears off my face.

"I'm sorry that our date was cancelled because of my volleyball practice. I know that you were sulking in your house because of that so I decided to do a birthday party. My parents were so excited about it, but in the end, they were not able to attend. I know that it's already late but... again, Happy Birthday."

I almost jumped when I felt something cold graze the skin around my neck. I looked down and there was a silver necklace with a heart-shape pendant. I looked up to see his face and when I saw his golden eyes my vision started to blur. I started crying, so hard, that Kei had no choice but to calm me down.

He was so unfair! I didn't expect it at all.

"C'mon stop crying. You're ruining your make up."

I playfully punched his arm.

"Stupid, I'm not wearing any make up." And with that I stopped crying.

"So did you like it?"

"Like it? Of course, I very much like it!" I said as I embraced him. We stayed like that for who knows how long.

I wanted us to stay like that forever. His arms, his touch, his heat made me feel secure. I couldn't believe that I used to hate this guy but now I was so head over heels with him. I really liked this guy... no, I loved him.