Who is this girl?

Who is this girl? She just barged into my life out of the blue and left an impression, something no one has ever done before. She pisses me off, not because of her height, but because of the way she talks to me - she's as small as that little shrimp, but the authority in her voice overflows when she speaks, as if I weren't towering over her. I find it ridiculous because she even has to raise her head up to face me. Who does she think she is?

Who is this girl? "I don't want to involve myself with her," - that was the very first thing I told myself when she talked to me. She insists on watching me play, which annoys me, because I don't need an audience. Besides, we are not even that close! There's no reason for her to watch me, except to annoy me. She sneaks her way into the gym, getting our attention by stupidly clapping her hands. This girl is pissing me off!

Who is this girl? Before I knew it, I had already involved myself with her. What does she want from me?! I scream at her in anger, telling her to stay out of my business. I must've gone too far because I made her cry. I've never made a girl cry before, so the guilt creeps inside me and keeps me awake that night. So on the next day, I apologize. Her dark brown eyes, filled with tears just yesterday, shine bright with happiness.

Who is this girl? She has become a part of the team. Ukai-san asked her to be a manager but she refused. I'm quite surprised because I expected her to accept the offer gladly, seeing how eager she always is to watch us practice. I heard she was part of a volleyball team in the past, so with her knowledge and skills she helps us to grow and improve.

Who is this girl? She has carved a place in my heart. It's the second day of the InterHigh, and I see her talking to Oikawa of Aobajousai. It's annoying how it annoys me. I don't care who she talks with, but here I am, gritting my teeth as I drag her away from him.

Who is this girl? It's just a club. We lost the game against Aobajousai. Everyone is crying on the way home. I want to tell them "We can't help it if they're better than us," but I just shut myself up and drown out the sobs and hiccups around me with music.

Who is this girl? I don't know if she's a hard worker or just simply dumb. I warned her not to push herself so much but here she is, she gets herself sick. She's already busy being the class president while helping our team and yet she still volunteers to tutor the weird duo. I feel responsible, so I decide to pay her a visit. Of course, I don't want her to put some sort of special meaning to my visit, so I lie to her: I tell her that the captain sent me here.

Who is this girl? She's not special but when she told me that she's going to ask the little shrimp and Ō-sama to accompany her to the summer festival, I suddenly get irritated. She asked me first after all, so I reluctantly go with her to the festival. She wears a yukata, and it's the first time I see her wearing something like that, and I admit, it suits her... a little. She says she wants to see the fireworks but the people around me are getting on my nerves so we go somewhere with less people. The fireworks aren't even that amusing but she stares at them like they are the best thing she has ever seen. I try to find what she sees in them for her to make that kind of face when she suddenly says: "I like you."

Who is this girl? I am so surprised that I am left tongue-tied for a second, but her face shows that she was serious. I don't know what to say, I mean, I've never seen her that way. Sure, she is the only girl I can talk to but it never crossed my mind to go out with her. I'm not good with this kind of situation so I just simply reject her. I feel a sharp pain in my heart when I see tears in her eyes. Am I the reason for that? I try to explain but she suddenly runs away.