Summer festival!!

Fliers and posters about the summer festival were everywhere. I was so excited about it. Last year I came with my friends, but this time I wanted to go with Kei. Although it was impossible, I figured it wouldn't hurt to try and ask him.

The moment he took his seat, I flashed him my widest smile and batted my eyelashes.

"What are you doing? You're creeping me out." Kei said as he looked at me in disgust.

"Tch. You don't have to say it like that." I pouted while crossing my arms.

"So what do you want?" He asked.

"Are you free tomorrow? Let's go to the festival!" I said enthusiastically.

"Festival? What the hell made you think that I would want to go there?" He asked.

"Eh? But it only happens once a year! And besides tomorrow is a weekend so you won't have practice." I said.

"No!"

"But why?!"

"There's a lot of people. I hate crowds. Why don't you invite your friends?"

Actually, they had already asked me to come with them but I told them that I wanted to go with Kei. At first Shina disapproved, but Hana managed to convince her.

"T-They already have an appointment." I answered.

"Don't you have other friends that you can ask?"

"No, that's why I want you to come with me. Come on, please?"

"No!"

"Pretty please?" I tried to put on a puppy face.

"Still no!"

Kei sure was stubborn. His annoyed face was scary but there was no way that I would back down.

"Is that so? I guess I'll have to go there alone then... or maybe I should ask Hinata and Kageyama!"

"What?! You're going to go with that little shrimp and Ō-sama?" Somehow going with them bothered him more than me going there alone.

"But you said that you didn't want to go. I've asked you so many times but you keep rejecting me."

Kei thought for a moment, then he let out a sigh in defeat.

"Wakatta! I'm coming."

My eyes sparkled with happiness.

"Yatta! I'll message you what time and where we're going to meet. Don't be late, okay?" I said with a huge grin.

I asked Mom to buy me a new yukata. She was so surpried but at the same time happy because I finally decided to change my old yukata, which I had been using for, like, three years.

Mom helped put on my pink flowered yukata. Then I pulled my hair into a bun. I also made sure to put some make-up and lipgloss.  I was standing in front of the mirror to check myself out when she handed me a pair of elegant earrings.

"I still remember the time when you couldn't stop bawling because you wanted the three of us to go to the festival. Your Dad would race home right after work because he didn't want to break his promise. You were so cute back then." She said as she reminisced the old days. "Now look at you, you look beatiful. You already have someone to go with you there. Make sure to introduce us your boyfriend next time, okay?"

Boyfriend?  Where did that come from?  She suddenly became emotional and she actually thought I had a boyfriend. It would be better if it was true but no, that would be impossible for now. And I didn't think Kei thought of me like that.