She makes me crazy

The events from the day before were crazy, but the following days were even worse. I was so sure that Kei had already talked to Kotori-san. He properly told her that we were dating, but apparently Kotori-san didn't care. She said that sooner or later Kei would realize that she was the right girl for him. She even declared war: she warned me to prepare myself because she would do everything in her power to get Kei back from me.

And she really meant what she said. She wasn't hiding the fact that she hated me. I always felt her staring daggers at me from the back and when I turned around I would catch her glaring at me. I couldn't blame her though; after all, I stole her "future husband". Ever since Kotori-san arrived, it was so easy for me to tease Kei. Just the mere mention of "future husband" made his eyebrows meet, then he would stop talking to me altogether.

Even though I always caught Kotori-san watching and glaring at me, she woud still pretend that I didn't exist. There was one time when Kei, Tadashi and my friends were circled around me while Tadashi was telling a story about him and Kei in middle school. Kotori-san strangely had a sharp ear when it was about Kei. When she heard about it, she immediately joined our circle.

"What are you guys talking about?"

She said it in a very cute voice as she wrapped her arms around Kei. Although I envied her because of her cute voice, I envied her even more for her boldness. How could she just touch Kei nonchalantly as if his girlfriend wasn't here? Kei quickly pulled away from Kotori-san's grasp.

"Nothing. Tadashi was just spouting nonsense." He said as he stood up from his seat and moved away from her.

Somehow, I admired how Kei was handling this situation. He was rejecting Kotori-san's affection in a way that she wouldn't get hurt. His calmness helped me to cool my head. She could try to snatch Kei from me, but I wouldn't never give Kei to her. I had gone through a lot just to be acknowledged by him and to be his girlfriend. If she wanted war, I'd give her war.

I told Kei and Tadashi to go to the gym without me because I had to go to the teacher's office. After handing the papers to our teacher I hurriedly made my way over to the gym. When I was about to go inside, I heard a voice coming from the back. I froze, my heart pounding. What was that? A ghost? No, the sun was still up. It was too early for them to show up. I gathered the courage to see what it was. I tiptoed as I snuck in to check. All of a sudden I felt like a ninja or a spy.

When I reached the corner, my eyes widened when I finally saw who it was. It was Kotori-san. She was watching the volleyball team through the small window that I used before. I couldn't help but laugh, she and I were so alike. I heard her this morning, pestering Kei if she could watch him play volleyball. Obviously, Kei didn't allow it. So yeah, here she was, sneaking in the back of the gym to watch him play: the same thing I did before.

Kotori-san noticed me when I started giggling. Her big eyes grew bigger out of panic. Her expression was a strange mixture of relief and irritation when she saw me.

"S-Sanae-san, what are you doing here? And could you please stop laughing, they'll hear us." She whispered.

"That's my line. What are you doing here?" I asked, although I already knew the answer.

"N-Nothing." She said as she walked away. Her attempt to escape would have been perfect if she hadn't tripped on a stone and almost stumbled down. Good thing I was there to catch her. I didn't realize that I had shouted her name; at least, not until the volleyball team gathered around us.

"What was that shout?" Daichi-san asked.

Kotori-san shoved my hand away as she regained her composure. She didn't thank me... of course.