Karasuno's volleyball team

Tsukishima's half-assed way of doing everything was probably the reason of my interest in him. He was the contrary of myself. I, who was so passionate in everything that I did, felt annoyed every time I saw his lack of effort. It was probably the reason why we couldn't get along, but a part of me wanted to know him; to know that part of him that he hadn't discovered yet and had never showed to anyone.

My knees were shaking as I made my way to class. His glaring eyes were still clear in my head. Cold Tsukishima was much better to see than a mad Tsukishima.

I quickly made a sigh of relief when I saw his empty seat. I just really didn't have any idea how I to act in front of him after my failed mission. I was busy racking my brain for an idea when I heard the door open, revealing Tsukishima. My heart almost dropped to the floor when I saw him. What happened yesterday was still fresh on my mind.

Tsukishima headed to his seat, ignoring me. Great, he's still mad at me. What should I do?

For the first time in my life, I wanted class to be over. Not talking to him for the whole day was normal to me, but knowing that he was mad changed everything.

I immediately scampered out of the room as soon as the bell rang, but stopped midway when someone called me. My heart almost stopped when I realized who it was. I slowly turned around, like a robot, and saw Tsukishima walking towards me.

"Can I talk to you?" he asked in a very low tone. I didn't hear him, actually. My mind was too much of a mess to even process anything. It was the first time that he initiated the talk, and that fact was enough reason for me to have a mental block.

"S-sure," I barely managed to answer him.

We went to the back of the school. I kept my head low as I followed him, staring at his feet all the while, and before I knew it we were already there. When I mustered up enough courage, I looked up to see his face. My eyes went wide when I didn't see the usual Tsukishima. Like, for a moment, I was facing a different person.

"Uhm.. about yesterday, I'm really sorry. It looks like I scared you. I shouldn't have yelled. I'm really sorry." He apologized as he scratched the back of his head, averting his eyes.

I could feel myself blushing. His usual cold stare was gone; his golden brown eyes were now full of sincerity. His headphones around his neck added to his coolness.  Somehow I felt lucky. It was a side of him that, I guess, he never showed to anyone.

"I-It's okay. It was my fault after all. If I had just listened to you, you wouldn't have gotten mad at me. I'm sorry. "

Then he finally looked at me, and when our eyes met, my heart literally skipped a beat.

"I'm not mad at you." He said.

"Really? But--"

"If you want, you can watch our practice after school." He said.

Okay, this was completely unexpected. I was having a hard time to catch up. If it was a dream, I didn’t want to wake up.

"Are you sure?!" I squeaked.

"As long as you won't do anything to interrupt our practice."

"Yes!" I said.

I was glad that Tsukishima wasn't mad at me. I could finally be myself again, plus, he invited me to watch their practice.

I couldn't hide my excitement. I grinned like a maniac until class ended. I was finally going to see Tsukishima play, that was the only thing in my mind.

After class, I literally dragged Tsukishima and Yamaguchi to the gym. I could feel the adrenaline in my veins with every step we took until, finally, we walked into the gym. As if on cue, everyone stopped playing. They all just stared at us. Daichi-san, the captain, was the one who broke the silence.