Chapter 44

I can't turn to Jacob anymore, I know that. I keep walking fast, almost at my destination. He would tell my dad, and I'd have to go home. Here I am again, running from my troubles. I reach Samuel's house, we're not close enough to be friends, but I've met him a few times. He goes to Jacobs parties. Samuel knows not to ask questions, his house is always full of older, high people. He's way older than both Me and Jacob. My legs struggle up to his apartment and I knock on the door, hoping it's the right one. I've only been here once to pick up drugs. His surprised face greets me.

"Michael! Hey, what you doing here?" Asks the tall, blond haired guy, who is covered in tattoos. I notice what he is wearing, a white tank top with old jeans, both items are beyond creased. I walk in to his home and take in the four people passed out on his floor.

"I need drugs." I say. "Anything." He raises an eyebrow.

"You got money?" He asks, he never does anything for free, unlike my best friend. Fear rips through me as he counts the money, Samuel soon disappears. While I wait on him, I feel my phone vibrating in my pocket. Of course, I ignore it and I take the drugs from Samuel when he reappears. Sitting down on the floor and removing my jacket, I inject this poison once more, drifting in to a peaceful paradise, and I begin to hear my ringing phone less and less.

********************************************

A loud vibration ripples through my ear and the noise hurts my head. I silence it as quickly as I can, and rouse myself from my passed out state. I have many missed calls and messages from my family and Jacob. I open and read them, but I don't answer. Hayley has the least amount, so I open them first.

Where are you? X x

Don't do this again, not now

Tell me where you are, answer one of us or its over

I open Jacob's next.

Where are you mate I'm getting worried

Come to mine

We're all worried mate answer me

What the fuck is going on with you. Please answer me or anyone.

Go home man. No ones gonna be mad.

I drink two beers fast, and stuff a ketamine pill in to my mouth, then I snort two lines of cocaine. I go to put my phone down and ignore my parents. Just as Jacob phones me again. I answer it this time.

"Where are you, mate?" He asks, I make extra effort to speak, careful not to slur my words.

"At Samuel's." I reply, failing to not mess up my sentence.

"Come to mine." He says, this is an order - not a suggestion.

"No, I'm gonna stay here. Can I trust you not to spill to my dad?" I ask, knowing his answer.

"No." He says, and that's all he says before he hangs up. I snort some more cocaine and take some ecstasy, before injecting myself some more. I put extra in to the syringe, hopefully it will last longer. The last thing I see is the other man passed out beside me, before I myself slip in to darkness.

********************************************

I jolt awake, a meet with bright, white walls. I blink two times. Nausea hitting me almost instantly. The furniture and my surroundings help me figure out where I am. So do the angry faces of my parents, who look the angriest they've ever been. I try to break the silence, but my attempt is spoiled by Amelia, who has started letting out loud sobs.