Sean MacGuire: Somewhere Far Away

Start from the beginning

"So you're happy?" you asked, a little breathlessly, as he pulled away from the kiss.

"Happy? This is amazing!" Sean's smile was blinding before he lent down and kissed you again.

"Get a room you two, you ain't that far from camp. There's a damn child here" John's voice called from the horses, sounding more tired than disgusted.

"Get lost, Marston!" Sean called back with a bright smile, making you laugh. John just rolled his eyes before walking away, muttering to himself. "Sorry" he apologised as he stood up and helped you to your feet.

"It's fine" you chuckled as you brushed the dirt off of your clothes, Sean doing the same. "Come on, let's go somewhere to talk" you suggested and Sean nodded, both of you knowing that the two of you had some decisions to make.

Taking your hand in his, Sean walked with you out of the camp to find somewhere quiet and far enough away from the camp so that you wouldn't be overheard.

Once far enough away and finding a private, quiet, spot among the trees, you turned back to the Irishman.

"I can't believe I'm going to have a kid" Sean beamed, placing his hands on your waist and pulling you towards him.

"I'm so glad you're happy" you sighed in relief, a small smile playing on your lips.

"Of course I'm happy! I'm going to be a dad, this is incredible" Sean placed his hand on your stomach and looked down at it, marvelling at the fact that his child was in there.

"You're going to be a great dad, they're going to love you" you told him, bringing your hands up to his face to make him look at you. You knew that at times he could be a child at heart and you just knew that your child would love him.

"And you're going to be the best mother" Sean insisted, leaning in to kiss you again. He could never tire of your kisses. "I love you so much" he mumbled against your lips.

"I love you too" you giggled as he pulled you into another kiss, just overjoyed about the news you had given him.

Sean pulled away from the kiss and looked down at his hand that rested on your stomach, a small frown forming on his face.

"What's wrong?" you asked, frowning along with him.

"...my Pa was an outlaw all my life and was always been chased by the law. We had to run...we had to leave my home and I was just a kid. But my Pa still got killed so the running was pointless really...I don't want that for our kid. I want to be there for them and for them to be safe" Sean spoke softly as he rested his forehead against your own.

"Sean" you whispered his name to get his attention. Admittedly, you were surprised by his concerns and sincerity, that he was even thinking about that sort of stuff. "We're going to be alright" you assured him.

"I know but...I don't want to risk it. You and this baby are the most important things to me...I think we should leave" Sean told you, pulling away just enough to look at your face properly.

"Leave? Leave the gang?" you asked, eyes widening.

"Only if you want too but I think it would be safer. We can move far away and start again" Sean suggested but still not wanting to do anything that you didn't want to do.

"I thought you wanted to be a fierce outlaw?" you asked with a slightly playful tone, earning a small chuckle from him.

"I did...but now I want a family, with you" Sean shrugged, surprising you yet again. "I know I ain't wanted like Dutch or Arthur but those bounty hunters might still be looking for me and the detectives know that we are both involved with the gang...it would be best to just get away from it all" he explained with a logic he didn't show often.