C H A P T E R T E N

Start from the beginning

I furrowed my eyebrows. "So.. we're in Florida and you pick a carnival instead of DisneyWorld." She nodded like it was the most obvious thing. "Alright, but yeah. Let me just hop in the shower and change." We eventually went our separate ways, me going to my room. After I laid out my outfit, I slid into the shower when it was warm.

The water ran down my face as I held my head back, letting everything become still. It's been a week since I was suppose to prove myself to Robyn.. but also, I wanted to test myself. Sure, I wanted to get closer to her but I felt like that was a shit excuse to change.

Why change for her? Why not just change for myself, ya know? Changing for myself just came with the benefit of her seeing a different me. Especially with the Atlanta show coming up.. I was inviting my family and I really wanted to talk to my dad. Even if that meant talking to the outside of a door with him in it, it needed to be done.

I feel like after talking with my dad, I can fully change and evolve. I've gotten my forgiveness's, I'm about fifty percent there with myself.. the only thing holding me back was my past. And that past was something I needed to let go but I couldn't let go if that very noose still hung around my neck, holding me back from completely moving forward.

After talking with Jayden, he told me dad was going a lot harder on him and he was going to punch me for it (joking of course.. I think) But we had a serious and long ass talk. I told him not to become a numb, narcissistic asshole like me. He, in turn, replied that he wasn't as idiot like me and that wouldn't happen. I believed him. Because unlike me, even when dad told him that his girlfriend was a distraction, he told me he planned on marrying her. Eighteen and still a helluva lot smarter and strong minded than I was. I was happy at least dad wouldn't get his way with Jay.

So, that left me. My sister was well.. her. Jay was doing well, my mom said she also finally tossed her wedding dress, finally letting go of that part of her life. That just left me. It was my turn to grow and let go.

And, believe it or not, that started tonight.

After stepping out of the shower and changing, I grabbed my wallet and walked out to see Melissa and Robyn in the middle of the hallway, twerking while playing some island music

After stepping out of the shower and changing, I grabbed my wallet and walked out to see Melissa and Robyn in the middle of the hallway, twerking while playing some island music. I shook my head at Lewis who stood there awkwardly. "Yes baby!" Robyn yelled with a loud laugh and that's when I took notice of the smoking blunt in her left hand as she smacked Melissa's ass repeatedly. Makes sense.

When I walked up, she smiled widely at me. "You look goood, want?" I nodded and took the blunt from her, taking a pull as we got into the elevator and made our way to the lobby. "I want a big ass turkey leg.." After that, I didn't even try to decipher the fast ass dialect they had. But I did hear a lot of shit about turkey legs.

"Oh hide the shit, Y/n." Melissa whispered when the door open and I saw an older couple right in front of me.. my lungs filled with smoke. I choked it down, holding the blunt behind my back as we walked out. Bad part was that the front desk was right next to the door. I literally felt myself getting light headed as we kept walking past the receptionist until we reached the doors.