Chapter 5

''I think I'm going crazy. Yesterday, when I was off from work, someone was following me. And the day before that I found in my front door a note saying 'Your end is near.' I still cannot understand what that means. Should I tell someone or would it just be a prank? Two hours ago, I heard a knock but no one was there when I opened the door. I can't understand why someone was following me. I haven't done anything wrong. I think I'm being too paranoid. I have a feeling, a very bad feeling. But I can't tell anyone. I don't want to worry anyone. If I tell my friends and girlfriend they will all be so worried. Also, I don't want to bother them for maybe no reason. You will be a witness if anything happens'

Mason shut his journal with a smile on his face. The last sentence that he had written was the source of humor in his mind. 'If anything happens' Seriously, if anyone read Mason's diary, they would find him overdramatic. Content with his today's entry, Mason got up from his desk and headed towards the kitchen to grab something that he could eat. He was not feeling extremely hungry, but he was feeling extremely worn out.

He picked the ready to make Noodle Soup and placed it inside the oven to heat.

Although he had tried to humor these events, his mind was filled with all the happening from yesterday that had followed him even today. The warning letters, the weird knocks on the door, the feeling of being followed, the conflict was whether to contact anyone about this or not. He didn't want anyone to worry about him. Everyone had enough on their plate. Mason's mind went to the books splattered on his messy table. Another brief smile crossed his face as he thought about how Ava was going to pin him to clean all that up tomorrow. She had told him so many times to always keep everything neatly so that he could find everything in its place. But weirdly enough, he knew his mess very well and he could find anything he wanted. Mason's oven beeped reminding him of the soup he had placed to warm up inside.

Grabbing the hot container and making his way to the couch, he sat down comfortably. He was feeling ill from the morning and had slept almost the whole day, missing his college, and taking a leave from his workplace. He was feeling very dizzy from the sunrise and the feeling had not gone, yet. He felt that the soup would calm his stomach and ate it up while senselessly streaming through channels on his television.

 A while later his stomach was full but he felt extremely tired. Placing the bowl on the table and shutting off the screen, Mason laid down on the couch but sleep wouldn't come to him. After a bit of tossing and turning he gave up. He was feeling a little disturbed from those notes. Mason decided to clear his mind by taking a walk, he had his cupboard of groceries almost empty.

On his walk to the supermarket, he was thinking about the whole situation that happened to him. Was he supposed to be more worried about everything that had happened? Or was he supposed to pass it off as nothing? He really needed to decide.

After buying all his needed things he decided to go back home. He didn't like the weather that day but it matched his mood. He was worried about what would come next and worried about tomorrow. But, only time would tell.