Chapter 8 - Friends

Chapter 8 - Friends:

I stopped writing after a while,  looking over what I'd typed  so far. It seemed good, but it was only a first draft.

My phone started to vibrate against the table.

I groaned, glancing down at my phone which was discarded against the table next to the sofa.

The caller ID read:

'Amy'

I picked up the phone, 'Hey, what's up?' I asked

'You free at the moment?' She asked.

'Yeah,' I replied quickly,  she'd probably pester me about it continually if I didn't go.

'Awesome, see you in a few then?' Amy inquired

'Yup!" I replied eagerly.

Running upstairs, I swapped my jogging bottoms for dark blue jeans and a pair of thigh-high boots.

I grabbed my leather jacket, purse, phone and keys also before shutting the door behind me, walking into town.

~

'Hey!' Amy ran over to me and enveloped me into a tight hug.  Amy was one of my secondary school friends.

'Squashing me,' I reminded her, breaking out into laughter.

'Oh.. sorry,' She hesitated before pulling back awkwardly.

I just laughed, 'I'm fine,'

'Where to?' Amy asked.

'Claire's?' I suggested, I needed to go in there anyway, to get more jewellery.  Consisting of bracelets etc.

We headed down to Claire's.  I grinned, greeted by the neon purple sign, which had 'CLAIRE'S' written in caps lock.

Skipping into Claire's, I listened to Amy talk about her new boyfriend.  His name was Liam,  he had short blonde hair with a long messy fringe,  with added piercing blue eyes.  I knew him.  We got on, I guess.  Well, I knew him from primary, he looked a hell of a lot different now.
I broke out of my trance to realize I'd been toying with a bracelet for about two minutes.
'What about you and Jake?' Amy asked suddenly,  flicking blonde hair out of her eyes.
'Eh,' was all I had to say.
'Argument?'
'Nope,'
'What,  then?' She inquired.
'Clingyness,' I let out a sigh, my eyes roaming around the room.  Amy began giving me a lecture on how clingyness wasn't always a bad thing, when a certain person caught my attention.

The figure had short-ish chocolate brown hair and matching brown eyes.  He wore a light blue graphic tee with short sleeves and dark blue jeans.
It couldn't be...

Jeremy McKinnon?!

To make things worse, he was staring right at me.

A/N:  Sorry I haven't been updating much! I have my GCSE's at the moment so updates might be slow!
Comment and Vote! ~♥
~Hannah