Chapter 18 - Rumours

Chapter 18: Rumours

I glanced up at his mother who stood in the doorway. She was wearing a cyan blue long sleeved top with leggings that were the colour of coal.

'Jeremy, calm down.' I heard her say.

'You left me,' Jeremy was shaking his head, sighing in disbelief.

'Jeremy-' She started, but was interrupted by her son.

'I was 10,' He whispered.

'I had my reasons,' She replied.

I retreated into the kitchen and shut the door. This was none of my business. I shouldn't get involved in their family problems.

It was then that I heard the slam of a door. I came out of my hiding place in the kitchen.

I glanced up nervously to see Jeremy standing in front of me, a mixture of emotions on his face.

'Sorry about that..' He rubbed the back of his neck and looked down, this seemed to be one of his habits that he did quite a bit.

'It's okay,' I replied calmly, even though I was still eager to find out what the hell was going on with his family.

'I was going to tell you about it-' He started.

'It's okay,' I repeat again, making my tone softer this time.

I sipped at my tea whilst focusing my attention on the TV. My eyes flickered over the coffee table with the various pieces of paperwork, half of which was mine. Most of my paperwork was time schedules for band rehearsals and possible concert dates.

'You got an rehearsal today?' Was the question he asked me.

'Yeah,' I replied.

'What time?'

'Around 12ish,'

'Okay,'

I bit my lip, flicking through the concert and tour dates. It seemed a bit ridiculous in my opinion, loads of tour dates and we haven't even had any albums or singles released yet.

'What about you?' I asked.

'What about me?' Was the slightly irritated reply.

'Haven't you got any rehearsals or anything?'

'I'm going out for a drink with the guys later,' He explained.

'Okay,' I sighed, he was being off with me again. Whatever.

I got up and took my empty mug of tea into the kitchen and placed it by the sink. Time to get ready for my first proper rehearsal.

***

I headed downstairs, I was dressed in a navy blue House Targaryen top from the popular TV show, 'Game Of Thrones,' along with pitch black leggings with long thigh-high black boots.

I couldn't find Jeremy anywhere around the house, so I assumed he'd gone out to the shops or something.

'Bye!' I called, only for my voice to echo through an empty house.

I slammed the door shut behind me.

After a long walk I ended up at our studio space, automatically getting hugs from everyone.

That was when Sam came up to me, he looked pretty cool in his jeans and emerald green top with the sleeves rolled up to around his elbows. His glossy electric blue guitar slung around his shoulder.

'What's up?' I bit my lip, not liking the worried look he was giving me.

'It's Jeremy-' he began.

'What about him? Is he hurt?' My voice rose as I got progressively panicky.

'He's back with his ex-girlfriend.'

I felt like somebody had kicked me in the chest.

'Ex-Girlfriend?' I say quietly.

'He didn't tell you.' Sam glanced down.

Sam grabbed his phone and unlocked it, showing me the screen. Jeremy had his arm around a girl with mousy brown hair and ocean blue eyes that shone as Jeremy grinned.

I glanced at the caption underneath, 'Me and Tiffany! C:'

I bit my lip. Jeremy had kissed me. Why was he seeing his ex behind my back?

'It's just a rumour that they're back together, before you start worrying about  her,' Jessica added, tossing her beach blonde hair to the side.

'Guys, what do I do?' I inquired, I was uncertain of how to approach Jeremy. I didn't want to upset him or hurt him.

'You talk to him babe,' Jessica replied.

I nodded in agreement. Sounded sensible.

'Are we actually going to practice anytime soon?' David piped up. David was a bit of a loner but it gave him no excuse to be an arsehole.

'Right,' I agreed, setting the mic up as we launched into some 'Pierce The Veil' songs. The first song was King For A Day.

Nathan beamed at me as we both began screaming along into the microphone.

Maybe I should suggest a cover album for our first release?

***

After about 4 hours we were all beginning to get tired and decided to call it a day.

I ran a hand through my hair. Time to talk to Jeremy, if he was even in the house.

I tried ringing Jeremy's phone but he wasn't picking up. He didn't reply to my texts from earlier either when I let him know how I was getting on.

This wasn't good.