Chapter 24 - Aftermath

Chapter 24: Aftermath

I stirred after a while, waking up on a bed that had blue swirly patterned colours.
Lying on my back, I saw the swirly pattern on the celling, which was really odd. How did it suddenly get on the celling?
That was when I heard a sudden crashing noise come from outside the door.
What the hell?
"Hannah, are you awake?" A voice asked, as I heard the door click open.
"Y-yeah," I mumbled sleepily and managed to tear my face away from the swirly patterns on the wall.
As the figure crept closer, I could see that it was Jeremy.
"Jeremy? Why am I in your bedroom?" I ask
"You passed out last night, I brought you here to help you sober up,"

That made perfect sense to me. It explained why I didn't remember half of the night.
I glanced up to see a flash of red hair, Kier was here too? I was pretty sure they'd been arguing last night, if they were the voices that I remembered.

"Kier, Jeremy what happened last night? I thought you two-"

"Just go back to sleep Hannah, we'll explain everything later I promise,"

My eyes slowly close and I fell into a deep, dark sleep.

***

When I eventually awoke again, I could see everything clearly and the effects of the alcohol had worn off.
There was a steaming mug of tea by my bedside. I watched the steam rise up into the air and get lost in the cool air.
I reached over and gulped some of my tea down. I still had the faintest bit of a headache, but it would pass.
Stretching, I heard my shoulders click. To be honest, my whole body felt as stiff as a board.

That's because you've spent god knows how long in bed.

Padding into the living room, I heard Jeremy and Kier talking in low whispers, which instantly came to a stop as I walked in. But my current boyfriend and my ex-boyfriend wasn't the first thing I saw.

It was Tiffany with her beach blonde hair, lounging casually in an armchair.

"What's she doing here?" I snapped, glaring at her.
"Relax," she smiled.
"She's part of how we're going to tell you what happened," Kier attempted to comfort me.
"So tell me," There was a bite of acid in my tone.

"You might want to sit down." Was the reply.