Chapter 22 - Gig

Chapter 22 : Gig

As we reached the venue, my whole body started shaking and my thoughts started racing. What if we weren't as good as we were in rehersal?
What if we screwed up?
I pushed my way through the small crowd that was slowly multiplying in size. We were all hiding under hoods so nobody would recognise us, we didn't know who would though, as we weren't that famous yet.
We were just a new band starting out.

As we all eventually went backstage, we started setting up our equipment on the actual stage. I peered round the deathly silent room, it looked as if there was lots of space to jump around on the stage, without taking in consideration of decoration etc.
There were loads of seats, some were on the lower level and then the other seats were higher up. There was a lot of space for the mosh pit.
I never dared to go into any moshpits and the concerts I attended. I'd decided this when I saw a girl pressed up against the bars of the stage and struggling to breathe, A&E came rushing in.

"Shit, this is big!" Sam exclaimed.

'Yeah!" Veronica and Nathan agreed.

'We should all get some practice before the gig," I say, glancing round at everyone who all nodded and followed me backstage, where we got taken to a rehersal room with all equipment in that we needed while our own equipment was already set up on stage.

Everyone began playing the chords to Drown, I put my hands tightly around the mic, leaning in and starting to sing,
What doesn't kill you
Makes you wish you were dead
Got a hole in my soul growing deeper and deeper...'
I closed my eyes and carried on singing the rest while the playing of the others got confident and louder, as did my singing.

Soon, it was time to get ready to go out onto the stage.

We heard the crowd roaring and cheering from backstage as Fearless Vampire Killers finished their opening set and introduced us to the crowd.

As they left they gave us all high-fives. Kier winked at me, kissing my cheek and smirking as he ran after Lawrence and the others.
'Cute boyfriend," Everyone murmured
'Yeah... Yeah he is," I blushed heavily.

We all headed onto the stage and the crowd went even crazier than when Fearless Vampire Killers came on, which really surprised me.

'Hi, I'm Hannah and this is our band, Defy Destiny," I spoke into the microphone clearly, with confidence, trying not to show how nervous I was.

Then, the concert started.

***

By the time we all came off, we were hot and sweaty, despite how much water we'd gone through on stage.

'That, was amazing,' Sam was breathing heavily and obviously out of breath.
Veronica ran a hand through her dark purple hair, it was as purple as blackberries. That's what it reminded me of, anyway, 'Drinks on me!" She grinned, her eyes lighting up, it was the happiest I'd seen her in a while.

We went into a bar which was about five minutes away from our venue, it was almost too quiet. That was when I saw Kier stroll over towards us casually, a grin plastered on his face, "I kind of arranged something...'
"Oh god, what did you do?" I groaned.
That was when the lights came on, the bar had almost been transformed into a nightclub/disco area. There were flashing lights everywhere and loud dance music.
'How-' I began, only to be anwsered instantly.
'I planned it out a few weeks ago, I know you would be nervous for you first concert so..." He rubbed his neck awkwardly.

The others had already started drinking, I noticed that when I looked over.
"Thank you," I say quietly.
"Doors open at 10pm," He winked.
"I love you,"
"I love you too,"

That was when Kier kissed me.
I kissed back, butterflies in my stomach.

Maybe this was someone who was going to look after me this time.