Chapter 1

Nothing could be heard except for the throbbing in Lauren's head. Her arm felt numb, yet she felt calm. Lauren never understood why she ever hurt herself in this way. She never thought she would ever be in this position, but here she was staring blankly at her work on her left arm feeling no sense of emotion. Lauren got up and decided to go to bed. It was 1 am and she had to wake up early for school tomorrow. She laid down wincing a little from her arm and snuggled up to her blankets. She secretly prayed she would receive a wonderful dream.

Lauren woke up to her alarm. She reached towards her phone on her nightstand and turned the alarm off. She groaned and laid her head back on her pillow and dozed off for a few more minutes. After deciding enough time had passed she got up and dressed into her school uniform. The only thing she really liked from her daily school outfit was her colorful galaxy print Vans. Lauren unplugged her phone from its charger and grabbed her backpack. She walked out of her house after finishing brushing her hair and teeth. Lauren saw her bus coming around the curb and waited patiently. She in fact enjoyed school unlike most of the people from her school. She just didn't enjoy the fact that she had to wake up so damn early and still have to do homework afterschool. Especially since she slept as soon as she gets on her bed after school and ends up sleeping at 1 am everyday. Lauren's bus arrived and she got in immediately preparing herself to ignore anyone whom she thought was irrelevant.

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Lauren walked into the classroom of her first block which was Algebra. She saw two of her bestfriends, Dinah and Normani, already seated in their usual spot. Before sitting down, she scanned the room for Ally. Ally was a close friend whom Lauren trusted alot even if they didn't talk much or hang out that much at school. Ally had her group of friends and so did Lauren, and she was fine with that. Not to mention Ally was popular unlike herself. Lauren spotted her and saw that Ally already had her gaze on her. Lauren flashed a quick smile and sat down on her seat next to Dinah. She made it seem as if she was listening to Dinah and Normani's conversation, when really she was anxiously waiting for the arrival of her bestfriend Camila. Camila was extremely different to Dinah, Normani, and Ally. She was locked away in her own made up reality. Lauren and Camila instantly clicked, both having the same sense of humour. Camila was unpredictable yet extremely predictable. She was really only close to Lauren, but believed it was better to talk to her friends she had met on Twitter. There were times were Lauren wished she could be better than Camila's Internet friends, but there was no way she was going to get extremely obsessed with One Direction anytime soon. She turned to the doorway to find Camila with her boyfriend, Austin. Lauren grimaced a little at the sight. For some odd reason she hated seeing Austin snuggled up with Camila, but she simply thought of it as her trying to look out for her bestfriend. Camila had confessed to her not to long ago during a late night phone call that she didn't like Austin anymore and wanted to break up with him, but didn't want to hurt his feelings since he clearly was still in love with her. Austin reached in to kiss Camila on the cheek. Camila flinched a little but still gave him a small smile before entering the classroom. Lauren quickly turned her head around trying to make it seem as if she wasn't staring. She saw Camila sit through the corner of her eye and turned to face the younger latina. Camila sighed. "I really need to break up with Austin already." "No shit. The guy still thinks you're in love with him. You can't keep this little charade going." "Yeah but I don't wanna break his heart." Lauren stares into Camila's eyes and falls into a pool of chocolate brown. Her breath hitches and she turns away quickly deciding to start to pay attention to her Algebra teacher Mr. Steele. Three hours had passed and Lauren's next class was Art. She had two friends in that class, Ally and Vero. It was really the only class Ally talked to Lauren. Ally never even passes by Lauren in their other classes, but even if it upset Lauren she hated being the bitchy one and decided to keep her thoughts to herself. Lauren met up with Vero and walked side by side towards the classroom and sat next to eachother. Lauren loved Art, the idea of creating something amazing solely from a thought and imagination fascinated her. From her group of friends it was her who was considered the artistic one. She had the ability to draw and sing well. Lauren on the other side hated being the center of attention, and never sang or drew in front of anybody unless asked to. Lauren broke away from her thoughts when she felt the table move. Her eyes darted to see Ally taking her seat in front of her. She saw that Ally had a frown and Lauren knew all too well that it meant Ally was down or upset. "What's wrong Ally? Is it Cece again?" "Yeah kinda, she's telling lies to Troy again." Troy was Ally's boyfriend, Cece was one of Ally's bestfriends....unfortunately. Lauren had always known that Cece meant bad news. "But nevermind Cece...im sure she'll stop." Bless Ally's soul. Ally was the kindest person that Lauren has ever met, and thought she deserved so much better. Ally was part of the dance team and was the most well known. Everybody thought she was perfection itself even if she would never believe it. Lauren decided to drop it and hopefully talk to Ally about it after school, that is if Ally didn't have after school practice.

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Lauren and Vero made their way to their next block, English. Ally was ahead of them meeting up with a few of her bestfriends that she had met in her dance class. Lauren entered her classroom and took her seat next to Dinah, who was sitting alone since Normani didn't have this block with them. When Dinah realized Lauren was here she turned to face her and made a silly face. Dinah always did this when she sees Lauren since she always looked upset 99% of the time. Lauren laughed at the face and sat down, suddenly a thought about Camila popped up. Lauren could hear the faint voice of Dinah in the backround of her thoughts, but decided to ignore her. Lauren remembered that Camila had a class with Hailee last period. Hailee was spending time with Camila too much for her taste. She had no problem with Camila having other friends, but Lauren was afraid of being replaced. Camila had a reputation of replacing her bestfriends. Lauren decided it was bullshit and shook her thoughts away getting back to reality. As if on cue, Camila and Hailee walked in the classroom. Hailee headed to the other side of the room towards her seat, while Camila was walking her way towards her seat next to Lauren. Lauren quickly contained herself and tried acting normal. "Hiiii Lolo." "Hey Camz, have you finished reading Hollow City?" "Oh nah I will finish it though, the first book was too good." Lauren smiled at her brown eyed friend. They both shared the same taste in books and shared eachothers books if one of them found one interesting. "Hey Lolo, guess what happened on twitter yesterday?" Here we go, this either had to do with One Direction or something that happened with one of her twitter mutuals. Despite not really being interested, Lauren wanted to hear her voice. "What happened?" "Twitter happened!" Camila shrieked. Lauren giggled at her friend's obsession over the app.  Lauren decided to share the same enthusiasm. Camila continued to ramble about something that happened over twitter. Lauren took this time to admire her bestfriend's features. Camila's dark locks were swept to the side. Her dark brown eyes bright with excitement. Her facial expressions making her look adorable and cute. Wait......cute?! Lauren's eyes widened. She just thought her bestfriend was cute. This was normal right? Bestfriends call eachother cute and adorable right?! "Fuck." Lauren thought.

****Author's note
I'll type more next time. I'm just trying something new out and I got this idea.