Chapter 20

"Dad?" Camila said almost in a whisper. The burly man who stood before her nodded his head and gave her a warm smile. "That was amazing Mija, youre even better than I am," the older man chuckled, yet Camila didnt find it amusing. "What are you doing talking to me?" Camila snapped. The man winced, "Can we take this somewhere else Karla?" "Dont call me that," Camila snarled yet leading him towards her apartment. When they got there Camila placed her guitar on the couch carefully and sat down, her arms folded. Her father sat down on a couch infront of her and began to look nervous. Camila was growing impatient, so she spoke first. "Are you just going to sit there or tell me why you left my mother and I alone?" His eyes showed sadness,as if he regretted what he did. "Camila, please dont be like that. Ill explain everything soon, but right now, how are you and your mother?" Camila clicked her tongue in attitude. If he cared, then why did he left them in the first place? Camila decided to cut him some slack, and answer his question. "Im fine. I realized I was gay in the summer, im better than ever. Mom's also fine, she met a man called Carlos, I now have a little sister called Sofia," Camila answered. Her father gave her a small smile. "Im proud of you Camila, no matter how much you think I left you all in the dark. I was young and foolish," Camila's father let out. "Cut the crap Alejandro, what was the reason for you leaving? Was I not enough?" Camila's temper was going from anger to sadness. She had been feeling more insecure ever since she left Miami. She loved her father no matter what. Although he left them. Alejandro showed regret on his face, "No mija you were more than enough. I just had a dream. I wanted to chase my dream goal as a singer." Camila put the pieces together, knowing it made sense. Her father was always passionate about singing and playing the guitar. She just never expected that would be the reason why he left. "I dont know if youve heard about me, but I gave myself a different name in the music industry," Alejandro started. "My 'character' name was Alex Karla." Tears started forming on Camila's eyes. She have heard of that singer before, but never knew that it was her father. Her father had put his fake name after hers. All Camila could do was wrap Alejandro in a bear hug, letting herself breakdown. Alejandro started to run his fingers through Camila's hair, in effort to comfort her daughter. "Ill always love you mi niña chiquita, te quiero mucho," her father spoke honestly.
__________________

Lauren had been talking with Alexander ever since shes met him. Which was about two weeks ago. Alexander was actually someone Lauren would normally be head over heels for. Although honestly, she somehow felt nothing. It worried her. She even asked Ally about it who said it was weird too. Lauren went on a few dates with Alexander, and she still felt nothing. Lauren felt like he was going to ask her to be his girlfriend soon, and she was nervous on how she could let him down. Maybe shell learn to love him? No, Lauren wasnt that type of person. Either the feelings where there or nothing happens. Due to the whole 'Alexander Fiasco' as Lauren called it, her and Dinah kept distance for a few days. Dinah knew she crossed the line, so she understood. They didnt last a week though, in three days the two were running into eachothers arms begging for forgiveness. Normani had recorded the whole thing, laughing loudly. Soom after Lauren started to make paintings and sketches for herself. Since she didnt have a job, she decided to sell her artwork. Ally offered to sell some of them on the days she didnt have class, which Lauren graciously accepted. Right about now, Ally was coming back from going out and trying to sell Lauren's artwork. Lauren had barely came home from class and walked over to the kitchen were Ally was at. Ally noticed Lauren walk in and gave her a cheerful smile. "Hey Lauren." "Hi Ally, how was today's sale?" Ally seemed to have good news about it since her smile got wider. "It was really good! Youre quite popular with the New York folk, I had people waiting for me at the spot im usually at! Can you believe it?" Ally exclaimed cheerfully. Lauren's eyes widened. this was great! Her artwork was selling! "Thats more than great Ally!" Lauren exclaimed back. Lauren engulfed the smaller girl into a hug. When she let go Lauren got a feeling of happiness. Anti depressants had been making her forger about the past and giving her hope. "Its been ten years and youre still here for me," Lauren said accidentally getting deep. Ally gave her a wide smile. "I always will be Laur." The two stayed there smiling eachother to how long theyve been friends until Dinah interrupted. "Hoiii are yall done being emo? I just came back from dance class and these thick thighs are tired," Dinah said tiredly, sitting on a chair. The two girls laughed at the dramatic tall girl. "Ill cook something for everyone, since Mani's almost out of class," Ally suggested. "Wifey," Dinah joked with a smirk. Ally laughed at her, almost...nervously? Was Ally hiding something? Lauren decided to not ask her anything until she noticed more hints that meant something was going on.
Soon Normani arrived, as always Ally was the first one to greet her. She stood on her tippy toes and gave a quick peck to Normani, who happily reciprocated. Lauren felt happy that the two found happiness in eachother. She would be lying if she said she didnt want this type of thing with Camila. Sadly, she would probably never come back. Lauren shook off the thought and sat with the others at the table. Ally served food for everyone and put down the plates. Most of the time, Ally acted like the mother and Normani the hardworking father. It was funny for Lauren and Dinah. After everyone was finished, Ally spoke up. "Guys guess what?" Everyone looked at the shorter girl questioningly. "We're sitting next to the next big hit artist, Lauren Jauregui!" Ally announced. Lauren laughed loudly at the statement. Normani also laughing along with her. Dinah rolled her eyes. "Jauregui better not forget about us when shes in the spotlight." Everyone hummed their agreement. "Thats offensive. I would never, forget about you guys!" Lauren happily said. Soon she was part of a group hug. Lauren was in a state of pure joy, something she hadnt felt in months. Lauren knew she should stop thinking about her, it wasnt healthy, but she couldnt help but wish a certain brunette was with her right now.