Chapter 5: The Cities

Start from the beginning

Dream looked around mostly eyeing the vines as they looked pretty big and could potentially hold the weight of a human if climbing them, but he wasn't going to test that. The more he looked the more that amazed him with how the forest consumed the city back into nature thanks to the lack of human life in the area, but his vision got blurry for a few seconds and he could feel his heart pounding in his chest.

"Hey Dream you doing alright" George asked since he was the one to notice Dream slow down and fall behind.

"Yeah, I'm alright, we've been walking for quite some time now so why not take a breather for a bit." Dream said as he looked at George not wanting to alarm him, but Dream's vision was slightly red and he slightly snarled.

"Did you just snarl? Dream your not a dog." George said with a bit of a chuckle.

"woof." Dream said getting George to laugh. Dream smiled slightly but he wasn't alright as his vision stayed red and his heart pounded in his chest something was going on and he wasn't sure of its cause, nothing like this has happened in the past. Dream watched George for a little while before watching the others look around at this ruined city. Dream huffed and fell back against a tree as he now leaned against it.

"So we settling down here for the time being or should we get moving..." Sapnap said noticing that Dream wasn't walking anymore.

"No, I don't trust this place, we can take a break for now.." Dream said as he looked at Sapnap.

"Why don't you trust this place, it's barren of any life besides for the planets and animals. What's the danger in that, there's no other human or groups around to hurt us." Sapanp explained, but Dream was stubborn and didn't listen to him.

Dream became irritated all of a sudden and he lashed out getting his hands around Sapnap's neck. Sapnap gasped in surprise due to Dream's actions, but his surprise quickly switched into his flight or fight instincts as he tried pulling Dream's hands off his neck. Dream's hand didn't budge as he stared down Sapnap smiling at him like a crazed person. Sapnap looked at Dream with panic and fear as he face turned a shade of red as Dream's grip got tighter cutting off most of air supplie to Sapnap's lungs. George and Bad where shocked by all of this but they quickly when into action as they prided open Dreams hands from Sapnap's neck, but this was a difficult task as Dream was incredibly strong strangely enough. Sapnap managed to get away as he fell back onto the ground dragging himself back as he stared at Dream with pure terror in his eyes. Bad and George where holding onto Dream's wrists and arms to try to hold him back.

"Oh Sapnap~" Dream said before laughing as he walked foward dragging both George and Bad with him as the two struggled to keep him away from Sapnap.

"Dream! What the hell's gotten into you" George said wrapping his arms around Dreams arm pulling him back.

"Language!" Bad said only to have George respond with, "Now's not the time for that Bad."

Dream yanked his arms free from both Bad and George's grip as he drew out his sword as it glistened in the moon light. Sapnap continued to push himself away from Dream but was frozen in place almost as if he where paralyzed, paralyzed by the fear of death. Dream moved slightly as he got ready to plunge the sword into Sapnap's gut but George tackled him before Sapnap could be injured. Dream growled as the sword was knocked out of his hand from the fall and he stared George down.

"Dream, Please, Please tell me what the hell has gotten into you, one minute ago you where just fine and now this." George said almost sounding heart broken and sad.

Dream shook his head and shoved George off of him and went for the sword that was laying in the grass but it was swiftly kicked away by Bad. Dream looked at Bad and became annoyed with him, but his vision became swayed and blurry, Dream held his head with his right hand grunting in pain as the throbbing pain of a headache made itself known to him. Everyone in the group stared at Dream, some eyes filled with terror and some eyes filled with absolute shock to what just happened. Endie was busy tending to Sapnap minor scratches left by Dream's nails while both George and Bad where unsure of what to do becuase of how Dream attacked Sapnap.

"Hey, um, Endie mind sticking with Sapnap for awhile." Bad said catching Dream's attention. Endie nodded in agreement to Bad's statement and stuck by Sapnap's side.

George was going to say something before witnessing Dream blackout once more, was this the third or fifth one, George couldn't remember but this was concerning to him none the less.

~~~~~

Waking up in the darkness once more Dream laid their unmoving as his eyes looked all over place before locking onto something in the distance as it stood there waiting. Dream tried to shout at it but he couldn't open his mouth, he felt frozen in place, paralyzed as his body felt numb. The figure in the distance grew closer and closer as Dream struggled to yell at the person approaching him but no words escape. A hand shot down grabbing Dream's neck but Dream couldn't fight back even if he tried his hardest to. The darkness peeled away from a face that leaned in very close as claws punctured Dream's delicate skin as it begun to bleed a crimson red.

"It's only the beginning" a static voice hissed out before slashing Dream's neck open.

~~~~~~

Dream gasped as he woke up from his sleeping like state as his eyes peered into the sky and the city move past him. Dream glanced over to his right seeing his friends leading the way as George was carrying his things. Dream glared left seeing Endie was carrying him which slightly put him on edge as he could feel the enderman's claws around him. Bad looked back seeing that Dream was awake and he looked forward addressing the other two.

"That's good at least..." Sapnap said even though he was on edge due to what happened as his neck was bruised up.

George looked over at Sapnap before looking away clearly remembering the fight and how much of a struggle it had been to get Dream away from Sapnap, George huffed and keep his thoughts to himself as he was not up for another fight with Dream. George kicked away a chunk of pavement and looked down the barren road of the city.

Dream looked away in shame as he saw the discomfort in his friends from what he done to them, no, not what he done to them, what this Paralysis guy did to them. Dream struggled out of Endie's grasp before the enderman finally let go of him. Dream fell to the ground before quickly getting to his feet but Bad grabbed him by the arm. Dream tensed from Bad's touch and the fear of hurting his friend consumed his mind as he stood still.

"Let's get moving, we can talk later." Bad said letting go of Dream's arm and walking off down the damaged paved streets with the ruins of cars and crashed helicopters.

Dream huffed before following the others as Endie followed behind him keeping an eye on the strange fainting human. George and Sapnap were leading the way as Bad was up by them with Dream and Endie not to far behind as they ventured deeper into the city ruins with groans and rattles of zombies and skeletons echoing through the ruins.

Dream looked ahead as he shifted his shoulders before looking all around to see nothing besides his crew as no treat of zombies or other monsters seemed to be around besides for their noises that somewhat echoed in certain areas around them, Dream looked up at one of the taller worn down buildings with many shattered winds and trees growing out of it as he and his group passed by it, it was so strange to see nature easier take over something when there is no human actively in an area or was this the cause of something else, that was up for debate as many monsters and creatures now roamed this world.

~~~~~~

Watching the group of people and an enderman was enough before locking onto a particular person in the group, leaning on a tree above the paved streets and ruin buildings with tapping on the tree with razor sharp claws as they shined in the light as a voice took the attention off the staring.

"We'll find him eventually after all he could still be out there doing the same for us." The voice said quietly from above as a figure sat up in the tree braches glancing down upon the leaning figure with razor sharp claws that shimmered.

"Oh, no need for the eventually, we already found who we're looking for, he's right here below us in this barren place."