Retrouvaille Chapter 22

Beginne am Anfang

Bette had gotten to the restaurant early, just as she received Tina's text that she was running late. They had decided to meet outside of Silver Lake hoping to keep their meetings private and to avoid interruptions by would be suitors of Bette's. Tina at first thought the whole meat tag thing was funny, but the humor had been lost after a woman practically sat on Bette's lap when they were at Dana's. By choosing to meet out of their neighborhood, they had been able to have long uninterrupted talks that put balm on their hurt feelings and helped move the healing process forward.

The young waitress set the glass of Scotch Bette had ordered on the table.  She smiled at Bette in a bold seductive manner, which Bette ignored. 

"Is there anything else I can get you while you are waiting?"

Bette had thought to order Tina a glass of wine, but she was trying to make less assumptions about Tina and her likes and dislikes.  The old Bette would have already order their meals and the old Tina wouldn't have said anything.  But this wasn't the old Bette and surely not the old Tina.

"No, I think I am good, thank you."

"Ok, I will check with you again later." The waitress gave Bette another long look taking Bette all in before she walked away.

Bette took a long breath and shook her head as she looked down at her smart phone.  As she continue to wait, Bette scrolled through her emails, looking up when a woman approached and sat down.  "Excuse me, but that seat has been taken." Bette politely stated.

"I have been watching you for awhile Ms. Porter and you appear to be alone to me."

Bette stared at the woman but had no recollection of knowing her. "I am sorry, but do I..." Bette continued to stare at the woman still shocked by her brazen behavior. Bette looked around and repeated, "I am sorry, but I'm meeting someone."

"I am sure you are, someone like you doesn't sit alone for very long," the woman smiled reaching across the table for Bette's Scotch and drank it down in on gulp. "Johnnie. Nice, perfect drink for a woman like you."

Bette stared nonplussed for a moment.  "What the fuck!" Bette exclaimed with indignant anger radiating off her.

"I am going to have to buy you a drink now."  The woman licked her lips and gave Bette a seductive smile not taking the hint that her advances were not welcomed.

Just as the woman had reached across the table Tina walked in the door.  She had turned just in time to hear Bette and see the woman set down Bette's empty glass.  She couldn't see Bette's face but the tone of her voice was all she needed to hear to know that something was up.  Tina walked causally up to the table hearing the end of what the woman said and put her hand on Bette's shoulder with a little pressure just as Bette began to stand.  Tina rubbed Bette's back to calm her.  She then paused, leaned over and gave Bette a deep sensual kiss that caught Bette off guard, causing her to almost tip out of the chair. It felt like slow motion to Bette as Tina pressed her full lips slowly on to Bette's.  It had been years since Bette felt this sensation that was only possible from this woman.  Tina opened her lips ever so slightly offering Bette more, but not pushing.  Bette tentatively opened her mouth in response and the tips of their tongues touched.  Both pulling back from the jolt that went between them, staring with glossy eyes and obvious arousal.  Bette took a deep breath, regained her composure and continued with their performance reaching up and put her arms around Tina.   Bette took in a deep breath catching the Lavender scent that was only Tina's and in a deep velvety voice filled with desire she said softly "Hi Babe." A warm feeling came across Tina as the familiar term of endearment rolled off of Bette's tongue with a tone that only came out of Bette when the emotional intensity and arousal were present.  Tina and Bette engrossed in the moment had forgotten about their audience. Tina caught the woman's eye bringing her out of the moment.  As she straighten herself, it had crossed Tina's mind that she had not had to shoo off over zealous admirers of Bette's in a long time.   Tina turned, smiled broadly lifting her eyebrow giving a Get the fuck out of here look on her face to the woman.  An awkward silence fell over the table.  The woman began to twitch and fidget as she stared up at Tina.  The tension mounted for a long moment. "Maybe another time," the woman stood gave a flirtatious smile to Bette and then gave Tina an intensely pointed look and said, "You better keep an eye on your woman."  Bette began to rise again, but Tina held her in place squeezing her shoulder.  Tina and Bette followed her with their eyes until they lost sight of her.