Because of our nightly activities, both Blake and I take a nap during the flight. I stay cuddled into his side the whole time, not minding the stewardesses or the other passengers. We're much too tired to care about anything.

It's already evening when we reach the city, so we take a cab to go to our apartment. I just want to take a shower and go to sleep after the eventful weekend.

But, as always, there's something, or rather someone, stopping me from reaching my bed on time. "Good evening, you two." Helen, the meddling woman from an apartment below ours, greets snarkily as she gets in the elevator on the second floor. I'm slightly surprised at the tone of her voice, since usually she's extremely chirpy and nice. It's weird to hear her so rude all of a sudden.

"Good evening Helen." "Hi." Blake and I greet simultaneously. "Did something happen?" I decide to ask.

"As the matter of fact, yes. First those two men drag poor Ivy through the hallway, and then you decide to do renovation on a Sunday morning. You could at least have enough courtesy to warn me about it." She spits angrily, making me frown.

I exchange confused looks with Blake, who looks as lost as I feel. "Helen, we weren't home since Friday and there was no renovation going on. We would never let anyone inside our place while we weren't there." I explain shortly, getting an incredulous look from our neighbor.

"What are you talking about? I was woken up at goddamn 6 in the morning because of all the hammering and banging. But when I went there, the man only said you're doing renovation." She scoffs, getting off on her floor.

I stop the elevator door from closing when Helen's words register. "Wait! Are you saying there was a man in our apartment?" I ask. My whole body is coiled tightly in dread.

"And you've actually seen him?" Blake adds, sounding as distressed as me.

"That's what I said. – Helen retorts then frowns at us – Why are you so shocked by this? Weren't you the ones who hired him?"

I take a deep calming breath so I don't have a panic attack right in front of our neighbor. Blake, however, doesn't bother to hide his shock. "Why?! - he echoes - Because we never hired anyone and you're telling us there was someone in our place while weren't even here!" He shouts angrily, pulling out his phone.

I gently grab his hand, stopping him from dialing the number. "We need to check it out first." I whisper.

Blake hesitates only for a moment before nodding. We quickly say 'bye' to Helen then let the door close. The short ride upstairs . I don't want to know what we're going to find there, but I have to.

Someone was there.

It was a man.

And there was a lot of noise.

The only thought that crosses my mind right now is: 'it's him'.

I stop in front of our door, too scared to open it. "I can't do this." I breathe out, grasping onto Blake's hand in pure desperation. He's my anchor. He's my support. And now I need him more than ever.

"Stay here, I'll check it out first."

"No. I'll go too. I need to see this." I close my eyes, taking a deep breath. Shit, I really can't do this. I need to, but I can't.

Blake takes his hand out of mine and cups my face, giving me a deep kiss that melts off my fear like it's nothing. I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him even closer and let him soothe my nerves in the best way possible. His kisses always make me feel better. Always.

I'm breathless when we finally pull away and my sweet man quickly takes my hand in his, locking our fingers.

He opens the door.

And my heart stops.

The whole place is... destroyed. I take slow hesitant steps inside, feeling tears brim my eyes as I take in the mess in front of me.

"Jesus Christ!" Blake exclaims beside me.

"Blake... Someone destroyed our home." I whimper, tightening my hold on his hand.

My man pulls me into his arms, giving me a reassuring hug. "We'll replace everything or move out. I'll get someone to clean this and we'll be back to normal." He tries to calm me down as I cry into his shirt.

"Our home!"

"I know baby. I'll make it all better."

I squeeze him in my arms, not wanting to see the destruction around us. But I have to check if there's anything missing. It could be just burglary, not him.

While Blake checks the kitchen and living room, I go to our bedroom.

Only to scream at the sight.