Changing

He Saved Me
Chapter 5

It's Saturday and I wake up to my Mom sitting next to me and smiling like a clown. I give her a face, which just makes her smile even wider.

"Mom? Why are you smiling?" I asked her while getting of the bed to make us some breakfast.

"Well, I talked to your friend," she said grinning with her big, white teeth.

"Which friend," I gasped.

Oh, please don't be who I think it is.

"Or should I say boyfriend," she now said smirking.

"Mom," I playfully screamed. "He's not my boyfriend or my friend!" I said looking away from her.

"You're so bad at lying sweetie," she sighed shaking her head side to side.

"Goodness Mom! What did you tell him?" I screamed nearing her.

"Oh, nothing just that you're his date to the bonfire thingy," she said giggling.

"No, Mom! Why?" I cried, covering my face.

"Oh, and I already made breakfast," she said approaching my door to leave.

"And, I kinda gave him your number," she quickly said and slammed the door.

"YOU WHAT?!" I screamed.

Goodness, what am I going to do? Man, my Mom asks more like a teenager than me sometimes.

"Man," I repeated to myself while walking in circles.

After what seemed like 5 hours my phone began to make a sound. I turned toward my bed to check my crappy flip phone.

Hey Mary, pick u up at 7:30? ;)

I couldn't help myself but smile. I then slapped myself and went back to reality.

I quickly clicked on reply and sent:

I'm feeling sick, so that means I'm canceling. And next time never listen to what my Mother tells you ;)

I click send and then jumped on my bed to scream into my pillow. Goodness, what have I gotten myself into?

When, I was ready I went to eat breakfast with my Mom. And there on my very own couch were my friends.

"What are you doing here?" I said in shock.

"Well, hi to you too," Ivy said rolling her eyes.

"Mom!" I screamed once again.

I've never screamed like this to my Mom in forever. I really don't know what has gotten into me these days.

My mom quickly ran into our small living room holding a plate of bread.

"Yes?" she said grinning once again.

Why is she so happy?

"Why are they here?" I began to say.

"Hey! We're right here," Bridget screamed.

"Oh, I know," I said.

"Well, someone woke up sassy," Miranda laughed.

"I invited them to help you get ready," my Mom said.

"Well, that's too bad. I just cancelled," I said shrugging.

"You what?" Bridget screamed chocking.
"How could you cancel on Luke Collins?"

"Calm down Bridgit," Haley said giggling.

"Well, I just did. If you want you could go with him instead. I'll just text him," I said reaching into my pocket for my phone.