Not Thinking Right

He Saved Me

Chapter 18

I left house not knowing where to go. I didn't feel like going back to Aunt Helen's. It was only 5:00 P.M. I decided to walk to who the hell knows where. I just walked. I reached this abandoned park that I used to go with when I was little. The place was complete trash now. Garbage and graffiti everywhere.

I kicked a soda can and kept walking. The further I walked an unpleasant smell was filling my nose.

"Hey! Mary!" someone called.

I turned to where the sound was coming from to find Cameron and his friends. Unfortunately, Derion was there. He had a wide smile plastered on his face. I walked toward them looking down.

"Where were you after school? I was waiting for you at the gate and you never showed," Cameron said.

"I ditched," I mumbled.

"Ooo, bad girl. I like," Derion said as he licked his lip.

I flinched for I felt extremely uncomfortable around him. Cameron rolled his eyes and motioned me to see next to him. I nodded and moved towards him to take a seat.

Cameron then reached for something in his pocket. He pulled it out and they seemed to be some kind of pills.

"Want them?" he asked.

Taking them would probably help me run away from this world for awhile. It would help me stop mourning over my dead mother, hopefully.

"Yes, please."

I reached for the bag, but he quickly jerked his hand away.

"Nu-ah!" he laughed.

"But-"

"There's a catch."

The rest of the boys began laughing and smirking. I blushed, for I had no idea what he was talking about.

"What's the catch?" I asked shyly.

There was a long moment of silence before he answered. During that time I felt my palms sweating and my heart racing faster than normal.

"You," Derion blurted.

"Me?"

I turned to Cameron who was agreeing with a nod.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Nothing weird. Just you being part of our group. You hanging out with us for now on. You know?" Cameron explained.

By now half of me was like run away now. The other half wanted to stay and try.

"It's really simple. You just got to stick with us. No turning back though. It's like a trusting relationship. Like, we'll be family," Cameron smiled.

"Deal," I said.

Cameron handed my the plastic bag with the pills. I smiled and stuffed it in my front pocket.

"Good," Derion smirked.

"Just know your officially with us now. No going back?" Cameron added.

"Ya, I get it."

"Well, why don't we start by showing you our hide out?"

"Okay."

I followed them to a black, shiny Van. I sat in between two guys that I've never even seen before. Cameron was sitting in front, driving. Alcohol filled my nose the entire time. I hoped Cameron didn't drink any because I didn't want to die early.