First Day Of Junior Year

Chapter 2

*In School*

My first class of Junior year was Chemistry. I had Mr. Evans. He also teached Geometry. He was strict but at the same time chill. He was extremely tall, skinny, and bold.

He made us all stand in the back so he can assign our seats. When the final bell rang the whole classroom was packed. About 30 to 40 people were in there. It sucked seeing all familiar faces from elementary, except one. I've never seen him before. He must be a transfer.

I, of course, was seated at the front. My partner was the new kid. He had brown curly hair with green eyes. He also had an extremely wide smile. I guess he was cute.

After everyone was seated the teacher made an announcement.

"Welcome to Chemistry everybody! What a great class to start your day," Mr. Evans said. There were a couple of moans and groans.

"Well, we have a new student here. Luke," he said. Then the guy next to me stood up and started waving at everybody.

"He came all the way from the UK," that's when everyone started clapping. I wasn't sure why though.

He sat back down and the teacher continued, "Today I want to go easy on you guys. Since the person next to you will be your partner all year around, I will let you guys get to know each other more."

The boy next to me turned around to my direction to shake my hand. "The names..."

"Luke," I say. "I know. My names Mary."

"Well hello Mary," the weird thing about him was that he didn't have an accent.

"Why are you looking at me like that? Do I have something on my face?" he asked me.

"Oh, no you don't," I said fake laughing. I hope it wasn't obvious I was faking my laugh. I turn to look around the classroom. What I saw was girls just staring at us. Literally staring. I mean if they wanted him as their partner I would switch. No offence Luke.

A girl, Amber, stood up and walked toward us. She was probably the most popular girl in the whole school. She was brunette, skinny, to skinny, and she had blue eyes.

She stood on the side of our table and smiled at Luke. She then looked at me with disgust. She then whispered something in his ear.

"Ok," he said laughing and she was gone. I just stared at him, hoping he would tell me what she said.

"She doesn't seem to like you," he said.

"No one does," I said turning away. I knew she was gonna say something about me.

"I don't believe that," he said with a smile.

"Sure you don't," I said as I turn to face the other way. For the whole entire class time we didn't talk. When the bell rang I quickly hurried out the classroom. It was passing period and I went to look for my friends.

*Lunch*

"Did any of you guys have the new British boy?" Bridget asked. She was blonde with blue eyes. Medium height.

"I do, but he doesn't even have an accent," I say.

"But he's cute so who cares," Miranda says. She is short, with shoulder length, brown hair.

"True that," Ivy says. She has dark brown curly hair and is the same height as Bridget.

"Don't tell me you all you guys are gonna like him!" Haley says laughing. Hayley is also short with thin black hair.

"He's not even cute," I say.

"Sure," Ivy says in sarcasm.

"Ooo, there he is!" Bridget screams.

For some reason he was walking towards us. When he finally reached us he pointed at me.

"Mary, right?" he said. I nod in response.

"I thought you said no one liked you," Luke said smirking.

"Well..." I say but he cuts me off by laughing.

"Well, do you mind if I hang with you guys?" he asks smiling.

"Ummm. Sor..." I say but Miranda cuts me off.

"We don't mind," she says staring at me. Hayley quitely laughs.

"Cool," he says grinning really wide.

For the whole lunch he just talks and talks about himself, that I doze off.

"Hey, you ok?" Ivy asks me.

"Ya, I'm fine," I say and she nods.

When lunch ended, I had English with Bridget and Luke. My last class was Spanish. When the bell rang for school to end, I didn't even say bye to any of my friends. I just speed walked out of school to head home.

When I get home about 30 mins later, I find my Dad sleeping on the couch. He was curled up in a ball, so I decided to give him a blanket. Even if my Dad abususes me, I still love him.

I then get an apple and head to my room. Unfortunatley, my family wasn't rich enough to afford a TV. Even laptop or desktop. So, when I had projects and stuff I had to do it in the library.

The first thing I do when I get in my room is get my diary.

Dear Diary,

Today was the worst first day of school. There was this new kid named Luke, that was from the UK. He is so UGH! He thinks he can just join us for lunch. Excuse me! Another bad thing is that I have 2 classss with him. Help me!

*Author's Note*

Hey! Hope you like this chapter as much as I do. If you guys are wondering where is Eric, her best friend or crush. He doesn't go to the same school as her. He will come in the story soon so don't worry. This book updates every Monday so stay tuned. Also check out my other book, "Paradise".