Falling For Luke Collins

He Saved Me

As I slept I awake because I was being pushed side to side. I yawned in response and opened my eyes. I find Luke standing over my bed.

"What time is it?" I yawned.

"About 2:30," he answered.

I glared at him in disgust. He chuckled softly for Ivy was only a few feet away.

"So, care to explain why you woke me up?" I hissed.

He responded by grabbing my hand and pulling me out of bed. He pulled way to fast that I bumped into his chest.

"Ouch," I said.

"Sorry," he whispered.

We then tip toed out the cabin. I closed the door behind me to see Luke staring at the sky.

"It's beautiful," he muttered.

I walked up to stand up next to him. I looked up at the sky and couldn't disagree. It was beautiful. There were stars everywhere and the moon was full. The sky looked like what it usually looked like every night, but tonight it just seemed more appeasing.

"Come on," he said grabbing my hand. He intertwined our fingers and I couldn't help, but smile and blush. A little.

Geez, Mary.

We speed walked over to the lake. There was a blanket on the ground with some pillows. He sat down and I sat right next to him.

"Did you plan this?" I asked.

"Nope," he said popping the "p".
"I just thought about it right now. I couldn't sleep."

"So, you decided to wake me up," I snapped.

He chuckled, "I wanted to talk to you."

I felt the hair on my arm stand. I just stared at the lake. There was a reflection of the moon on the lake. It's been awhile since I've felt so calm and free. Free from my Dad.

"What you thinking about?" Luke asked.

I turned my head to look at him and he was already facing me. Our faces were inches away. I could feel my ears heating up. I turned away and faced the lake again.

"My father," I replied. "I feel like I'm the only one to blame for his actions."

"I'm pretty sure that isn't the case. Like my father I used to blame myself, but now I understand."

"Oh, please do tell why you don't have an British accent," I said trying to change the subject.

"Well, I was born here," he laughed. "I moved to the UK when I was about 12."

"What made you move back here?" I asked. He didn't reply and I regretted asking the question.

He combed his hair with his fingers. "My Mom, she's British. My Dad, he's American..."

"You don't have to continue," I said.

I didn't want him to feel like he has to say what happened. I barely knew him.

"No, I want to," he said. "My father cheated on my Mom with her best friend. Her best friend. I knew her and I treated her like an Aunt. When my Mom found out she took me and left William with my Dad. 4 months ago she died from lung cancer."

I took his hand and squeezed it. I knew it was hard for him to say that.

"I bet she was a wonderful mother," I smiled.

"Wonderful, beautiful, nice, and even more," he whispered. "I miss her so damn much."

I let him lay his head on top of my legs. I really didn't want him to cry. I hate seeing people cry, especially him because he's always happy. I guess it's true though, the happiest people are the ones hurting the most.