he dances in the rain

Every day I had with Josh, I spent it well knowing he is leaving for Penn State in the weekend for early courses. I sigh as I sit on my bed the next morning, graduation is on Friday and Josh is leaving on Saturday. I get up and stretch my arms and go to the bathroom to get ready and come out and walk into my bedroom to choose an outfit. I look through some choices and tried each out in the mirror and soon I decided and headed downstairs.

a/n: here's ur outfit

I walk past my brother who is fixing his hair in the hallway mirror.

"Heard Josh is leaving Saturday?" asked my brother as he ruffled his hair and fixed his leather jacket.

"Yeah" I sighed as I grabbed a granola bar and picked up my bag from the living room.

"Hey sis?" asked Cameron. 

"Yeah?" I said as I stopped by the door.

"You alright? I know your gonna miss Josh" he answered walking to me. 

"Yeah I guess, look I have to get to school but see you later?" I said as I forced a smile and kissed his forehead. He nodded as I closed the front door behind me and I see Josh pulling into the driveway. I got in, not saying anything and looked out the window as he pulled out.

"Bubs," said Josh, looking at me. I looked at him, his eyes locked with mine.

"I am alright if your gonna ask that" I sighed as I looked at the road ahead of me.

"Your gonna miss your mans?" smiled Josh. I nodded and Josh's hand found his hand to my thigh, he rubs my thigh as he drives. We reach school and walk through the doors, and we are soon greeted by our friends.

"I am so saddd, yesterday was so much fun and now on Friday, these nutjobs are graduating" pouts Avani as she squeezes Anthony's cheeks.

"Glad at least Quinton's still gonna be here" smiles Nessa.

"Lucky you, your boyfriend is still gonna be here" groans Mads as she crosses her arms. We all laugh and part our ways to class. But our conversation is soon interrupted by a teacher tapping on my shoulder.

"Miss y/l/n, your outfit is atrocious! Do you even know what dress code is?" the teacher shouted as she stared at me. I could feel my cheeks flush as I nervously clear my throat.

"Miss, here," said Josh as he removed his sweatshirt and gave it to me. I pulled it on and looked at the teacher,

"That'll do" she sighed as she kept walking. I breathed out deeply as my friends start laughing.

"Girl you looked so good, she's just jealous" chuckled Olivia as she stared at the teacher. 

"Look at her, with her long skirt and that ugly blouse" choked Nessa.

"Come on guys, don't be too harsh on Mrs Fellon," said Anthony as he gestured to her.

"Thanks" I whispered to Josh.

"No problem" he winked as he waved goodbye to go to his class. I grinned as I brought the sleeve up to my nose and the smell of his cologne calmed me down.

 The rest of the day zooms by, and I wait by Josh's car. 

"Bubs wanna go to my house?" he asked as he dumps his bag in the backseat. 

"Sure thing," I said as we get in his car. 

"What do you want to do?" asked Josh as he drives.

"Ooooo I kinda wanna bake?" I asked.

"Y/n, you know I am not good at cooking. Plus we need to get the actual baking stuff " groaned Josh. 

"That's the point, YOU NEED TO IMPROVE cause no one is gonna cook for you when you are in college, and there is a grocery store a few metres from your house" I stated. He sighed deeply and we parked at the grocery store, I giggled as I dragged him and we both walked into the baking aisle. I skimmed through some shelves and finally found the stuff we needed, I turn around to see that Josh has disappeared. I look around but I see no one, I walk into another aisle to see Josh covered in flour and him holding an empty flour package.

"JOSH!" I shouted as I ran to him. He started laughing at my shocked face, his normally clean hair is coated in a heavy layer of white powder. I slapped the side of his shoulder and grabbed some tissues from my wallet and whipped the flour from his hair and his t-shirt. 

"Payback for dressing so good today" chuckled Josh as he shook his hair.

"My style is immaculate," I said as I clicked my tongue and walked to the counter.

"You still need to give me your scrunchie" he reminds me as he walks behind me. I take out my baby blue scrunchie and place it around Josh's wrist.

"There you go" I smiled as I placed the baking goods for the cashier. Josh stares at the scrunchie like he's found a block of gold. I rolled my eyes and dragged him out of the store, but I look outside to see a rush of rain collapse onto the ground.

"Oh no," I sighed as I look at Josh who is staring out the store window.

"Come on," he said as he grabbed my hand and ran into the rain. Giggles escaped my mouth as he places his phone upright against the car and grabs my hand and twirls me around, the rain hitting my face as I look up towards the dark sky. He stops me from spinning, his hair soaked in water and drops of it dripping from down his face. He cups my cheeks and kisses me, I smile as the warm sensation enters me and I kiss him back. My hands find his neck and he holds me as we kiss.

"Josh..." I say as we kiss. He doesn't reply as he continues kissing me.

"Josh your phone it's gonna be drenched," I say between breaths. He stops kissing me and trace the edges of my eyebrows.

"I know y/n, but this moment is way important than my phone" he answered.

a/n: okay, I feel like I should have put more effort into the chapter but I did the best I could. And also since this book is ending quite soon, I was gonna ask you guys if you would want a squeal? or like another story? give me ideas, and I might be able to make them come true?!