he admits

We gather out stuff as the bell rings and we all head out to the student car park.

"Y/n, Anthony is gonna drive the boys there we'll meet you at the diner?" Josh asked. I give him a thumbs up and see Nessa and Avani walking towards me.

"Come on slow coaches, we are gonna hang out with the boys," I said dragging them both into the car.

"OOoo will Anthony be there?" Avani asked from the back seat. I laughed and nodded, everyone knew how Avani really liked Anthony.

"Seriously Avani? Could you be more obvious?" joked Nessa climbing into the passenger seat. 

"Who else will be there?" Avani asked scrolling through her phone as I drive.

"Um... Josh, Kio, Jaden, Olivia and oh no I should've invited Quinton" I answered sadly.

"OOO what's going with you and Quinton," asked Nessa.

"Oh my gosh, he's just a friend you idiots" I laughed punching Nessa.

"OOOoo just a friend, you say?" teased Avani. I rolled my eyes and kept driving, okay Quinton was cute but I don't think we are gonna date anytime soon. I pulled up at the diner and we all got out of the car. We walked into the diner and grabbed a booth.

"Yall what do you wanna eat?" asked Jaden who was sitting next to me. I scan through the menu and decide some star-shaped fries and a coke. Everyone orders their food.

"Okay imma cut to the chase here, Josh are you stilling dating Nessa?" asked Jaden. I give him a kick under the table and Jaden groans. 

"Shut your mouth" I whisper into his ear.

"We aren't dating" answered, Nessa. I mouthed her a sorry, she smiles and says it's ok.

"I have seen Quinton and y/n, getting a bit close," says Jaden snickering. 

"Shut up Jaden, your acting like your filming a Teatok video," said Avani. 

"Fine, I am just addressing the current situations. What are we gonna do anyways until we wait for our food?" asked Jaden. 

"Wanna play truth or dare?" asked Anthony. We all agreed that Anthony would start first.

"Okay, y/n truth or dare?" asked Anthony. 

"Dare" I answered. I immediately regretted choosing dare.

"Ooo I have a good one, okay I dare to kiss either Josh or Jaden" giggled Anthony.

"Seriously Anthony?" I sighed scratching my forehead.

"Anthony, change the dare if she doesn't wanna do it," said Josh shifting in his seat.

"Bro it's just a kiss. Plus isn't it easy? Kiss Josh, y'all have dated before" he replied. 

"Anthony change the dare," said Avani. 

"Guys it's fine, whatever it's just a kiss" I rolled my eyes facing Josh who was in front me.

"HEYY you could have chosen me y/n, I am a really good kisser" pleaded Jaden while he laughed.

"Jaden, no that would be awkward. You're my best friend" I replied tapping Jaden's nose. 

"Okay, you're okay with doing this?" I asked Josh. He nodded. I breathed in and out and leaned forward, Josh leaned in. He placed his hand on my chin and kissed me, oh gosh here come the butterflies. His hand moved to my cheek and I kissed him back. He tasted like raspberries from the ones he had in the middle of Science, okay I need to stop.

"WOW okay kids, enough," said Jaden grabbing our shoulders and separating us. I leaned back on my seat and just before the awkwardness could settle in, our food arrived. I dug into my food and I looked at Josh, he was talking with Olivia but he caught me staring. I quickly tried to make conversation with Kio who was on the other side of.

"Um Kio, how's the food?" I asked draining the last of my coke.

"Stop it I know you were staring at Josh" he smiled munching on of on his fried vegetables.

"Stop it you spy" I joked. 

"Well, do you still like him or even love him?' he asked looking at me. I put my coke can down and thought for a while.

"Well he was the only boyfriend that I truly fell in love with, and he really hurt me by breaking up with me while he was in Canada. To be honest, while he was gone I didn't really completely forget him. Almost every day I would remember him, and if you loved someone that much don't you ever stop loving them?" I answered. Jesus y/n, why did you have to be deep all the time.

"Woah, I didn't see that coming" replied Kio.

"Sorry" I replied.

"No don't say that I get you. If I loved someone like you love Josh it would be hard" replied Kio.

"Thanks, Kio. I appreciate it" I smiled giving him a hug.

"Guys I need someone to drop me off, I need to be home in a few," said Avani getting up.

"I can, anyone else?" I said stepping over people so I can get out.

"Wait, y/n can we talk?" asked Josh. I nodded and head out to the car park.

"I'll come in a few," said Avani as we walked out.

"I heard what you said to Kio," he said putting his hands in his pockets.

"Oh, sorry I didn't mean for you to hear it" I replied looking down at my shoes.

"No, it's fine. Y/n?" he asked.

"Yeah?" I said.

"I still like you, you know that right?" he admitted coming closer to me. I placed my hand on his chest and pushed him away.

"Josh you can't just say that out of nowhere, it's true I still like you as well. But YOU broke up with me, YOU decided to end the relationship, YOU thought we wouldn't work as a long-distance couple, YOU wanted to escape your past..." I started. 

"Y/N! STOP BLAMING EVERYTHING ON ME!" Josh shouted.

"WHAT, YOU THINK I WANTED THIS? YOU THINK I WANTED TO BREAK UP WITH, I LOVED YOU AND MAYBE I STILL DO" I shout back. Josh puts his hands on his head and circles around.

"Look y/n, you know I am really sorry for what I did. I can't go back to my past and change what I did. What I did is already done. You, y/n I loved you and for certain I still do. You just need to give me a chance" he pleaded, he placed his hands on my face and stood there.

"Josh I..." I begin.

"Shush.," he said placing a finger on my lips. He hugged me and placed his hand on the back of my head. I rested my head on this shoulder, the smell of his cologne calmed me down a bit and I cried into this shoulder. He held me there in the car park for a while, his fingers tracing the back of my head until I calmed down fully. I move away from his embrace and look at him.

"Josh oh my gosh I am sorry-" I sniffed.

"Hey baby, no it's my fault why we are in this mess. I promise I won't mess up again, okay?" replied Josh holding my hand. I smiled and Josh wiped my tears away gently with his fingers.

"I am gonna get Avani, I'll see you on Monday?" he said. I nodded, he held my face and planted a soft kiss onto my forehead and walked away. I leaned on my car and slid down and placed my arms on my knees.

"Jesus Josh, why did you have to be so darn precious" I smiled as some tears fall down my cheeks.

a/n: ooo some tea has spilled, and it's HOTTT. okay, i need to stop. anyways i kind of liked this chapter, there are no new characters which is a bit of a change ig. and sorry i couldn't find any more gifs cause Wattpad won't let me upload gifs that are bigger than 3mb. remember to vote and share, thanks for reading :))