Chapter 17: The Sentinels: Atlas War

Start from the beginning

He asked, "The Fiery Phantom? You're real?".

I said, "Yeah. Now stay out of my way.".

A light was shined on us and the Mantle Police Department said, "This is Mantle Police Department. Put your hands in the air. That means you Volt.".

Volt Blazeheart asked, "They don't like us much, do they?".

I said, "The world's afraid of us and what we can do.".

Volt said, "You say that like it's a good thing.".

I said, "It's necessary." and I turned and saw our humanoid dragon-man fly off.

I said, "You go home and leave this to the professionals." and I flew after the Dragonoid man and the guy just flew after me.

Volt said, "I've been at this for three years. How long have you been at it?".

I said, "Eleven years, now stay out of my way.".

We both started blasting at it but it dodged us both and punched the guy into a building and I cut its wings off with a sword I formed out of fire magic.

It hit the ground and escaped through the sewer system via manhole cover.

We both landed by the manhole cover and Volt asked, "So what's it doing in Mantle?".

I said, "In Vale, witnesses spotted this thing trying to plant some kind of bomb downtown. When the Vale Police Department confronted it, it fired beams of fire from its mouth.".

Volt said, "Fire's no problem for me." and we entered the sewer.

We snuck around a lot of the sewers until we found the Dragonoid creature planting something on the wall.

Volt wanted to go in but I stopped him and said, "We need more info.".

Volt pushed my arm off and charged in saying, "Bullshit. That's a bomb, and he just armed it.".

Volt charged in and I said, "Volt, wait!".

We both charged in and the Dragonoid creature said, "For Lord Drago." and an explosion went off but we remained unaffected.

Volt asked, "Drago? Wh-what's that, a singer?".

I said, "Some kind of death cry. It wanted to take us with it, all to protect this." and we both looked at the black box on the wall.

Volt turned back and said, "Looks magic to me.".

I said, "But not our magic.".

Volt asked, "Like the guy in Atlas?".

I said, "Ghost Rider.".

Volt asked, "You've met him?".

I said, "No, but I've researched him. He's easy to take out if we have the right tools.".

Volt said, "So he's not gonna be a problem for me.".

I said, "We'll see. In the meantime, we need to know more about this thing.".

Elsewhere*

In Vacuo Labs*

Marcus DeVoe's POV*

I said, "Nothing on the markings or the design, Melena?".

She said, "No, Dr. DeVoe.".

I said, "Two dozen tests, and we're still unable to learn a single damn thing about this thing. We know less now than when The Flash brought it to us weeks ago.".