Part 15

Hardin's POV

It's been 1 year since Tessa left and I finally got back on my feet. I'm ok at least I think. The twins are 1 year and 7 months old! It's crazy to think about because it feels like yesterday I was holding Tessa's hand in the delivery room. I miss her a lot and I wish that she never left. She missed her kids first  birthday, she sent a card and FaceTimed us as we cut the cake. I feel so bad for the twins, they don't have their mom. I couldn't change Tessa's decision to leave. I try to cope with everything for Brooklyn and Joseph but all I wanna do sometimes is crawl in a hole and cry.

Kimberly has been coming to check on me everyday since she moved to New York for work. She moved here the day after Tessa left, which I find a little odd but I don't ask. Her daughter Danielle is beautiful, she's a little over a year old. Danielle and the twins have play dates every Tuesday and Friday. The play dates added a bit of stability to my life after the Tess left me. It still breaks me to think or say that. Tessa left me I can't do anything but try to wish the best for her, and not give up on our story. I hear a knock at the door and go to open and no shocker it's Kimberly.

"Hey Hardin how are you bud?"

"Same as I was yesterday and the day before that and the day before that."

"Haha your so funny" she punches my arm and walks over to the twins.

"Hello my beautiful god children!" The twins absolutely love Kimberly.

"Kimberly I need to ask you something."

"What's up?" She replies as she sits on the couch with Brooklyn on her lap.

"Is there a reason that u moved here right after Tessa left?"

"It's not that I don't appreciate u coming over and helping me out it's just it's funny how u moved here as soon as she left."

"Hardin."

"Cmon there is a reason right."

"I never wanted to say anything because I didn't want u to think there was still a chance."

"A chance of what?"

"Tessa called me the day before she left and asked me if I would move here and check up on u, she sends me money every month for doing so."

"Kimberly why did she send u to check on me?"

"Because she wanted to make sure u were ok"

"When was the last time u talked to her?" I ask with a harsh tone.

"Yesterday." She responds firmly.

"did she ask about me?"

"Hardin.. we did talk about u"

"And! What about me!"

"Hardin she asked if u seemed better, how the twins were and asked  if u moved on yet"

"Why would I move on I love her and only her"

"Hardin u can't wait for her."

"Why not!?" She sighs and looks at the floor then back up at me

"Hardin Tessa has been in a relationship for the six months." I feel tear drops fill my eyes.

I sit on the couch and cry, I never cry Infront of anyone but I hurt so much right now I don't care. Kimberly walks over to me and wraps her arms around me. I hug her back and before I knew it words pushed out of my mouth without control.

"How could she move on so fast? We were together for years and she can move on with a snap on her fingers!"

"It's not fair" Kimberly sighs and comforts me

"I know hun it's not fair but theres nothing u can do"

She sits with me for hours and helps me stop crying. It's getting dark so Kimberly is getting her things to leave.

"Kim?"

"Yea Hardin?"

"Thank you. For everything." She stops and smiles

"Your welcome Hardin" She says goodbye to the twins and leaves. All the sudden my phone goes off, it's Tessa!

"Hello?"

"Hardin?"

"Tessa. How are you?"

"I'm good, I was calling to see how u were."

"I'm ok. So um I heard ur in a relationship" I hear her sniffle

"Yea I am his name is Aiden" I feel tears again and hold them back

"I'm happy for you Theresa"

"Thank you Hardin" I sigh and under my breathe i whisper

"I miss you" and I swear on everything I hear her say it back.

"T- the phone hangs up before I can finish my sentence.

Did she say she misses me? What if there still is a chance? I'm probably hearing things. I grab the twins and rock them goodnight and I hear Brooklyn say

"Dada" I walk over to hear and pick her up

"I sleep dada bed!" She says with a smile

"Yes baby you can sleep on dad's bed" I make sure Joseph Is sleeping and wrapped in a blanket and I take Brooklyn and lay in my bed with her.

"I love you baby."

"Lu you" she says and I smile I pull her close to my chest and kiss her goodnight. At least I have my babies.