Chapter 14: "Cabs are here"

I've never enjoyed being naked. The exposure of my body, of my skin, of my poor shaving job, is the exposure of my twisted thoughts and insecurities and dark longings. To see me naked is to understand me, to see my being, my soul. I want to remain a mystery, to remain shrouded in clothes and my verbal lies; I don't want to be seen, to be understood. Except for today. Except by Eddie.

Here I am, nakedly entangled in Eddie's naked form. He's seen me, and some spiritual knowingness has been bestowed upon him about my spirit. And the same gift has been bestowed on to me. I know him. He cannot take that back.

Eddie is finally comfortable with me and our... relationship. Not that we are in a relationship, but we have a relationship. I'm unsure of its label, but I'm glad it exists. And I know Eddie is, too, at least while we have sex.

It's been over three weeks since we first slept together after Stone's party. Eddie was certainly satisfied with my performance. His eyelids fluttered as his eyes rolled behind his head and I continued to ride him harder, faster, sacrificing my own pleasure for his. I kissed his neck and artificially moaned into his ear, whispering Eddie and I knew I had him as I felt him pulse inside me. He collapsed into my headboard and I collapsed on top of him in a fake euphoria. Minutes passed as his breathing slowed and his eyes gently opened, and it was almost as if he was surprised to see me on top of him. Was he expecting to see someone else? But my insecurities were quelled when he kissed my forehead and ran his fingers gently up and down my spine, admiring my collarbone.

The same weird phenomenon happened the next few times we slept together. I put forth a top performance, usually on top of Eddie because he rarely takes control; he climaxes dramatically, slowly comes down, and then seems surprised to be in my room, with me nestled into his neck crook. In fact, tonight was the first time he climaxed and pulled me straight into his arms after. He even mumbled my name right before he came. I'm thrilled with our developing repertoire.

Eddie is upright against my headboard, naked, looking like the animated form of Michelangelo's David, and I'm sitting on his legs in just my underwear, trying not to completely hunch over like I normally do. It's tough sitting up straight. I'm fidgeting with his perfect bicep and his light arm hair.

"I've never asked, what is this?" I move my fingers to the calculator watch on his wrist. Except it's not a calculator watch.

"A tide watch."

"A tide watch?"

"A tide watch."

I give him a murderous look. He purses his lips together in a small smile and his eyes gleam. "A watch that tells you when low and high tide is at your location."

"Why would you want to know that?"

"To pick when to surf."

"You surf?" I can't keep the incredulousness out of my voice. There is so much of Eddie I don't know.

"Since I was 13." Pride is evident in Eddie's voice, and the gleam remains in his eye.

"Where the hell can you surf around here? Please tell me this isn't a videogame thing." Eddie softly laughs

"I'm serious! I used to surf all the time back in California. It's not the same here but I can't complain."

Eddie's a goddamn surfer. How has this not come up in conversation? What else does he not tell me? Eddie seems to read my mind, and quickly changes the subject.