What was he doing here?

He remembered the day he saw Kao throwing up and he almost had to be carried by that bastard that tails him all the time. 

He was sick. Pete knew it. He had that weird scan too that Kao handed him. Did he have some sort of cancer?

(A/n: wao how you figured that out genius?🙄)

But then he looked so bubbly and happy when Sandee all but dragged him to Kao and then made them sit beside them, forcing him to watch how close he was to those bunch of weirdos. How that guard dog always had a hand wrapped around Kao, keeping a check on him like he was something soft, like he could break any moment. He saw them joke around and tease him, call him their queen.

He had never remembered Kao so chirpy and happy. It frustrated him even more than not being able to sleep around ever since that night. He had been texting Kao from time to time, he thought he was sick, he just wanted to know he was okay but the idiot didn't reply to him. Yet there he was, he had no trouble speaking and laughing with strangers.

And that anger her felt worried him even more.

He sighed and walked down the stairs, still looking at Kao who was hopping on his feet as he nodded to P'Tim and then almost stumbled trying to follow him that P'Tim had to hold him steady.

Tim said something sternly that made Kao bow his head with a smile and the older man patted his head.

Pete's blood suddenly boiled.

"...now take this file to auntie Stephanie and hey! Let me warn you! She loves pinchy cheeks" Tim joked as he walked down to check on the arrangements for the press conference while Kao happily went to find the middle aged secretary who had promised him vanilla cream puffs after his first shift was done. Lets say he already loved her.

"Kao?"

Kao stopped in his tracks, blinking at the guy in front of him. "Y-yo.. Pete?" he stepped back in shock. "What are you doing here?"

"I should be the one asking you that, what are you doing here?" Pete asked him, surprised at the sweetness in his tone. 

Kao blinked. "I.. I'm working! Have to work!" He smiled nervously and walked past Pete, still shocked to see him at his work place. He always panics seeing the other guy. Especially since he just in his angry outburst handed him his baby ultrasound, he was so worried.

He'd since realized something, he did not like it. Maybe it was the anger he felt for every single thing that guy had done to him so far or the hate he always see in his eyes, maybe it was just petty of him, but he didn't want to answer to Pete how he got pregnant or why he kept them or even to tell him they were his. It was like, Pete was some sort of karma, for some sin he committed in his past life

"You didn't answer my text" Pete followed after him. 

Kao stopped for a moment, then started walking again with a sigh. He haven't seen his phone since last week. "What text? I don't usually see my phone"