#06 "Please . . . "

Gawin tapped his key card onto the card reader on his flat's door. The little machine beeped and the door opened by itself. Podd let out an Oh, wow! which made the younger turned to him and chuckled, he couldn't help but chuckle with him too.

"I was wondering why your door has no handle though."

Stepping into the room, Gawin burst quite a loud laugh over the words. Podd shushed him from behind.

"Ssshhh, it's late! Tone it down!"

"Seriously, Phi! No one would hear. This layered, thick wall was one of the reasons why it's quite pricey here."

Gawin explained while knocking the wall that formed a short hallway to the living room, still chuckling along the way.

"Really? I've heard though, that no matter how thick the wall is, it still can transpire sound."

"I got red in physics in high school. Please don't open up my old wound."

Podd let out his famous annoying laugh while following the younger from behind, taking off his sneakers and put it on a small shoe rack behind the door. Nothing much, he noticed the black signature Vans, a pair of grey basketball shoes, some slippers, and the white Converse that Gawin took off just now. Moving slowly, he scanned the whole room that welcomed him. The wall painted in light blue, with some corners accentuated with bolder grey. The first thing that caught his eyes was a  65'' curved TV planted on the grey wall, completed with a set of home theatre on his right, highlighting the living room along with short 3 people-sized grey semi-leather couch placed 5 meters away, straight in front of the TV, a small rounded table in the centre, a fluffy black love couch at the right side of the bigger one, and a light grey velvety carpet completed the whole set of perfect lazybones spot. Nice!  he thought.

There was also a set of white coffee table with two small chairs placed near the glass wall that separated the room and the balcony.

"So there was where he sat when I called him this morning."

Podd recalled their video call from earlier, the younger's smile, the sunray that fell on his hair, flashed in his mind. He gulped.

"What should I get you for a drink?"

Gawin's voice popped his running thoughts. He instantly turned to the younger who was standing close to a small portal that seemed to lead to the kitchen and dining room. Face never lost its smile, he waited for his answer.

"Just a big cup of plain water, please."

"Big."

"Yes. Big."

They both chuckled at the same time. Podd then held out a paper box to Gawin, made the younger raised his eyebrows.

"Your brownie. Big cut."

"Big."

"Yes. Big."