#03 Closed Doors

( to enhance the reading experience, if you don't mind, please read in desktop mode & keep the song playing in loops until the end of the chapter )

"You're not fat"

"You're not fat"

"........."

"You're just fluffy"

~  ~  ~

Podd couldn't believe he just said that. Shit!  He cursed inside his head when he saw the playfulness in Gawin's eyes suddenly replaced with shock. In good or bad way? His brain couldn't decide, too busy to safe his face from mirroring the younger's expression. It was hard, but he tried to maintain his cool and sought refuge in other places. His eyes fell on Gawin's lips.

"Oh, no! Damned me!"

Long gone was his hope to see the last trace of happiness in the younger's face. Those lips had turned into a thin meaningless line. His heart instantly sunk to the floor. He didn't realize, but his face was ten times darker than Gawin's now. His eyes caught a small brownish dot on the younger's lower lip; his supposed to be sweetest kiss left wound there, the blood had gone cold. Podd felt the urge to bite his own lip. So he did.

Gawin's eyes doubled in size. What? He asked himself. What was that? What was that supposed to mean? He understood nothing, but he felt a weird pang in his heart, his blood pumped a knot faster than usual, he felt hot all over his face. When he saw Podd's eyes moved to his lips, his whole body turned icy cold. He was restless, yet he couldn't move an inch.

"What? Wait! Wait! Wa-"

Gawin's breaths hitched when Podd's left hand entered his vision range. It moved so painfully slow, closing in to the direction of his face. The other side was still sitting securely above his head on the headrest; he was practically caged by the older. Gawin suddenly felt so small there, half-laying on the sofa. Those fingers looked so daunting, so he decided to look up, back to the older's eyes. And if that wasn't the worst decision he ever made. Those eyes were cloudy, squinted a little, as if trying to maximize its focus level. A frown between the eyebrows. Gawin wondered, Was that a confusion? or... Wait!  Was that a longing he saw just now? Suddenly, cold fingertips touched his lower lip.

Gawin kissed goodbye his hope to keep his sanity intact.