-37- 🌓 Hold You Tight

[A/N - PLAY. THE. SONG]

"If the world was ending you'd come over, right? The sky'd be falling and I'd hold you tight. And there wouldn't be a reason why we would even have to say goodbye."
~JP Saxe & Julia Michaels, 'If The World Was Ending'

~~~

*Oliver's POV*

Breathe in.

Breathe out.

Breathe in....

Breathe...

It... it hurts.

Since when does breathing hurt?

Since when does my chest feel like it's going to explode each time I try to inhale?

I try to understand what's happening, but I can't see much as my sight has blurred. Am I crying? Why am I crying?

Everything is blurry, but I can still make out some shapes. There's... there's fighting. Wolves. Three wolves attacking two wolves as a smaller figure scrambles up from the ground.

The smaller figure runs towards me, screaming my name. He drops to his knees, hands hovering over me frantically as if he's too scared to touch me.

His scent hits me, making my wolf whimper in distress.

Noah.

"Oli, don't fall asleep," Noah instructs, his voice breaking. "Keep your eyes open, baby. Can you do that for me?"

Drops of water hit my face. Is it raining?

"Baby, blink if you can hear me," Noah pleads. I try to obey, but my eyelids refuse to move.

I'm... I'm cold, Noah.

Everything is... cold.

"Don't do this," he sobs, more raindrops hitting my skin.

Wait, not raindrops... tears.

Please.... please don't cry.

I want to reach out to him, to caress the smooth skin of his cheeks with my fingertips, but my arms feel like they're being weighted down by concrete.

I'm sorry, Noah.

I'm sorry I wasn't a better mate.

I'm sorry I let bitterness control so much of my life. I'm sorry I didn't spend more time smiling.

If I could go back, I would smile at you more. Laugh with you more. Hold you more. I would taste those lips I have been dreaming about for weeks. Hold you close, make you mine by sinking my teeth in your neck.

I wish...
I wish I told you how much you mean to me, before the blood trickling past my lips prevented me from speaking.

How much I love...

The growls and snarls multiply when a mass of wolves show up. Noah hovers over my body to protect me. Several wolves roll over in submission, refusing to fight back.