-34- 🌓 Home

"Hold on to me as we go, as we roll down this unfamiliar road. And although this wave is stringing us along, just know you're not alone. 'Cause I'm going to make this place your home."
~Phillip Phillips, 'Home'

~~~

*Theo's POV*

I drop the last box in the middle of the floor, gazing around at the dozens of other boxes filling the living room.

You would think it would've been obvious that — between the stuff at Kit's dorm and my stuff from the pack house — we would have a lot of stuff.

But holy shit. You never really realize how much shit you truly have until you move.

"Do we really need all this stuff?" I call out. "I think we'd be fine throwing half of these boxes away."

Kit rounds the corner, smirking. "You were the one who wanted to move," he points out. "You don't get to complain."

"He's right, you know," Finn chimes in as he walks out of our new kitchen, followed by Jayden and Caleb. "Especially since you had your dad force half the pack to build you this home in under a week."

I grimace, knowing I can't argue against that. Axel has been fairly quiet recently, no attacks or threats for the past week. We're not stupid. Obviously, Axel is planning something, although we don't know what. Whoever Oliver has as a contact on the inside has vanished, so we don't know what's going on inside the Silver Sun Pack anymore.

It's unnerving, but we're not letting it stop us from living our lives. There's not much we can do besides sending our warriors to their pack, but there are too many wolves there that have nothing to do with this stupid war. If we attack, we risk hurting innocent wolves. All we can do is wait for Axel to make his next move. It sucks, but it's better than accidentally taking an innocent life.

In the meantime, I convinced my dad that Kit and I needed a place of our own. Which actually wasn't too hard when they saw the state of their living room after Kit and I.... you know.

Let's just say that I never want to piss off my mom again. The back of my head still stings, and it's been a whole week.

"Instead of whining, you could thank us for helping out," Jayden pipes in.

"You're right, you're right," I raise my hands in surrender. "Seriously, thank you guys for helping out. This would've taken Kit and I five times as long to carry these boxes ourselves."

Caleb looks around the room, brows furrowed. "Where's tweedle-dee and tweedle-dumbass?"

Right on cue, the back door slides open and in walks Noah and Oliver . After Kit got his anger out of his system, the nine of us — Raf and Benji included — started spending more time together. Not that we could really avoid it, since we've basically been forbidden to leave pack grounds until we hear from Axel.

"I told you guys," Noah says to me. "You really should've requested a bigger house. Only one story? You're the next Alpha. You could've easily gotten a couple stories."

I shrug my shoulders. "It's not like we really need that much space. It's just me and Kit here. My office will stay at the pack house. We have everything we need. Living room, bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, laundry room, and spare room. Honestly, that's more than enough space."

"What are you going to do with the spare room?"

"Don't know yet. Maybe make it an office space for Kit," I say, looking at my mate with a grin. Kit smiles back, taking a liking to the idea of having a space of his own.