-03- 🌓 Lied To

"It's not true... tell me I've been lied to."
~Billie Eilish, 'i love you'

~~~

*Kit's POV*

When I storm back to the house, I'm greeted by whoops and hollers from my guests. In my rage, I completely forgot that my clothing tore when I shifted, and that I am now completed naked.

I snarl at the crowd, ordering them to leave my house. My friends look concerned and try to ask what happened, but I dismiss them and run upstairs to my room. Slamming my door shut, I pace around my bedroom.

How is this possible?

How can Theo, my best friend, a guy, be my mate?

My parents always taught me not to insult the Moon. Fuck that. I have less respect for the Moon than I ever have in my life.

What's the point of mating me to someone that I can never love? I love Theo like a brother, but as a lover? The very thought makes me nauseous.

Fuck, I wish I could turn back the clock. Go back to a time where everything was simpler; when Theo was only my best friend, and nothing more. Everything was a lot less complicated when we were kids.

I'm struck cold when another realization hits me.

Kids.

Having a biological child with Theo is impossible. Am I so hated by the Moon, that she would take away my chance for a biological child? Pain lacerates my heart at the thought, and I sink down onto my bed.

What am I going to tell my parents? My friends? I'm supposed to be mated to a beautiful girl — like Harper — and yet, I'm mated to a man.

I remember the day Theo turned 18 so clearly in my mind. The fact that he already knew we were mates and lied to my face... it makes my blood boil.

| Flashback - 1 year ago|

"Okay, remember guys, you cannot be late," I warned them over the phone. I had initially called Finn, but luckily he was already with Jayden and Caleb. "Theo has no idea we're throwing him a party. If anyone is late, it'll ruin everything. Show up on time, and then hide until I bring him to the pack house."

"We got it, Kit," Finn said, but I could practically hear him rolling his eyes. "We're not going to be late. Trust us a little, huh?"

"Hey, if no one else shows up, can we take the leftover food home?" Jayden asked, followed by a loud smack. "Ow, Caleb, what the hell?"

"I feel bad for whoever your mate is," Caleb snapped at him. "She's going to have to constantly provide food for that bottomless pit you call a stomach."

"I just pulled into the driveway," I cut them off. "Once I get Theo out of the house, you guys are in charge of getting in there and setting everything up. The other pack members should be there in about two hours."

"You got it, boss!" Finn chirped, making me roll my eyes. I ended the call and walked up to the front door of the pack house. Knocking twice on the door, I rocked back and forth on my heels as I waited for Theo.

The door swung open, and I smiled brightly at my best friend. His brown hair, which seemed to have a tinge of red, was styled casually away from his face. The black t-shirt he wore molded to his toned chest, and I remember briefly thinking that he looked handsome today.

Theo's eyes widened when he saw me standing there. His jaw dropped, cheeks turning pink as he gaped at me. I laughed nervously. Granted, Theo didn't know I would be coming by, but wasn't he acting a little too shocked?