unrequited love

gigi awoke to crystals mane of hair tickling his neck and Jan screaming, "Woohoo! we're finally here:" the sound of Jan's voice urgently causing Gigi to sit up straight. "Chileee oh my lord how do you have this much energy..." Jaida whined...

the girls had finally arrived at their hotel.

gigi wheeled his suitcase into a corner of his hotel room and then flopped backwards onto his bed. the springs squeaked, though it wasn't too uncomfortable; he was so relieved.

he shut his eyes slowly; not in an attempt to sleep, but in an attempt to think. he found that he always thought best in complete silence... and he knew that little silence would occur over the next week so he wanted to enjoy it while he could...

he was used to having the same reoccurring thoughts by now. and these thoughts consisted of two main things: missing his mum... and crystal.

crystal, crystal, crystal... was always in his mind.

he couldn't quite place what he liked about crystal so much

he couldn't quite place what he liked about crystal so much... he just did.

he liked him too much.

eventually, he grew tired of his spiralling thoughts... and knew he needed a distraction.

gigi knew he could always rely on Jackie

gigi knew he could always rely on Jackie... though it was a joke between the two that Jackie was his dad, he truly did love him like like a parental figure.

and it wasn't because of Jackie's age that he viewed him this way... but because he was so wise and so supportive. gigi often wished he'd had a father like Jackie when he was growing up... someone he could always rely on. someone that accepted all of him.

gigi heard a knock on his door, and excitedly jumped up to welcome Jackie... "hello gigi, what's up? is everything okay?" jackie pronounced, greeting Gigi with a warm hug.

"um... i just needed someone to talk to... about, well.. about crystal." jackie nodded... "of course. im all ears." gigi directed Jackie onto his bed... and as the two sat down... Gigi's eyes fell onto his lap.

jackie began to speak... he knew silence wasn't what gigi wanted at this time, and that gigi was too in his head to eloquently explain how he was feeling.

"Gigi..." he began, "just know i am always here for you. if crystal doesn't like you the same way you like him, i know it's going to hurt... but eventually you will be able to move on. and i know how hard that will be, but time heals everything."

jackie fell silent for a few seconds before quickly adding, "i doubt he doesn't like you back though."

gigi's eyes welled up. "it's just... I've never liked someone the way I like crystal... I don't know what to do." "I feel like an intruder." "he has a boyfriend. he claims they're in an open relationship but I'm still scared... how do open relationships even work? what if he's in love with his boyfriend... but just... loves me? i want him to be in love with me."