XXX- the moment

(Y/n) was back behind the cash desk. It was quiet that night, quieter than usual, the sort of quiet that sent a shiver running up her spine. When switching on her phone that rested on the desk she could see that it was a little after two thirty in morning.

She glanced outside, her car was the only one out there.

Her shoulders unconsciously raised and curled inwards, something was just off about that night but (Y/n) couldn't put her finger on it. Her eyes flicked up from the point of the floor she was staring at when the doors opened.

She paled slightly when Leo and Atlas walked in. It had been a month since she last saw either of them and things hadn't exactly ended amicably after they confessed their love for her and both got rejected.

(Y/n) didn't know that it had been far less than a month since they'd last seen her, she'd become a fact of life for both of them and the various cameras in her home and workplace allowed them to see her whenever they wished.

"Hi." She breathed out.

There was something strange in the way they conducted themselves, Atlas seemed even more jittery than usual which was saying a lot.

"Hello, (Y/n)." Leo said somewhat robotically, it sounded almost rehearsed. He glanced up at where the feed of the store's security cameras are usually displayed and smiled when seeing that it was blank.

"Would you like to buy something...? If you want to talk about what happened then I'd really appreciate it if we could wait until my shift is over." (Y/n) said politely, feeling a bit on edge from their behaviour.

She was glad that they were still quite close to the entrance and she was behind the register, giving her a good amount of distance from them.

"We're not here to buy anything." Leo smiled at (Y/n) sweetly, his light and dark eyes both shone under that bright lights.

"Then... Then why are you here?"

"We're here because.." Leo glanced over at Atlas who nodded and then looked to (Y/n) again. "Becuase I've decided to forgive you and give you a second chance at accepting our love."

(Y/n) took a steady step back. "Sorry, you what?" She only then noticed that Atlas who still hadn't said anything was carrying a dark duffel bag, she couldn't be sure of what was inside but (Y/n) wasn't keen to find out.

"We understand that you probably only denied us becuase you couldn't pick, but you don't have to! You can have both of us, we both love you!" Leo announced happily slowly growing closer with Atlas never more than a few steps behind.

"I denied you because I don't see either of you in that way. Thanks for this 'second chance' but I'm sorry, the answer's still no." She said firmly.

Leo and Atlas paused and looked at each other and then back at (Y/n).

"Y-you're not allow-allowed to say n-no." Atlas, who hadn't said anything up to this point, stammered out. He reached into the bag he was carrying and pulled out a white unlabelled bottle of liquid and a rag, but it was only when Leo also took something out of the bag that (Y/n) knew she was fucked.

He took one more singular step and it was at that very moment that (Y/n) ran.

She skidded out the back of the desk and went immediately to the supply closet, she threw the door open and locked it in an instant.

"What the fuck... What the fuck???" She hissed under her breath while backing away from the door.

"(Y/n)! Don't hide from us! We only want to love you!" She heard Leo yell from beyond the door.