XX- eyes

Would tearing her hair out even help?

No?

Well it was what (Y/n) had resorted to. Fine (h/c) hairs accumulated in her fingers as she wrestled over what to do.

The door was struggling to stay where it was but the pounding had since stopped and it had been too quiet for too long. (Y/n) wasn't stupid enough to actually believe they had gone for good, they were trying to bait her out.

She was attempting to match their silence but (Y/n) was sure at least a few of her strained whimpers travelled under the crack in the door.

What was the point in delaying the inevitable? Her chances of getting away were too slim to even visualise.

Her chances of ever getting away had been eroding without her even knowing it for a while by then.

Her destiny had been picked out for much longer than (Y/n) was proud to say.

(Y/n) felt watched. It was a hard feeling to describe. Whether she was at home, at work or anywhere else she could feel eyes resting on her.

The gaze sent chills up her spine but she mostly dismissed it as silly paranoia that came with living on her own for the first time. Throughout college she always had roommates and before then she lived with her parents. Maybe her inner psyche thought something bad was going to happen so it was convincing to stay alert.

She was watering her plants intently, spraying the fragile petals with water from her faucet. (Y/n) wanted to close her curtains, maybe that would make the feeling go away but her plants needed sunlight and even when she did venture to shut all her curtains the feeling never went away, it didn't even decrease.

One of the effects of her paranoia was that she started to become hyperaware of the most useless things, her ears would implode with the volume of her regular breaths, anything that was slightly out of place set her on alert. (Y/n) wished she could just step back and analyse what was truly going in instead of fixating on small and insignificant occurances.

After giving all of her plants sufficient care (Y/n) fumbled for her phone, if it was the feeling of being alone that made her so edgy then if she had someone to talk to then maybe her fears would melt away.

It was around nine in the morning so she could count on most of her friends being awake however they were probably working. (Y/n) placed a hand to her chin as she scrolled through her contacts and then settled on the one person who wouldn't be working at this time.

Leo.

He would always tell her what shoots he had coming up whenever she was working so (Y/n) had a pretty good idea of his working timetable.

She tapped on the call icon next to his name and it wasn't even one full ring before he picked up.

"Hey, (Y/n), what's up?" He sounded pretty nonchalant in his greeting despite his quick response suggesting the opposite.

"Umm, I just wanted to talk to someone." (Y/n) said in somewhat embarrassment, this was behaviour more akin to a teenager as opposed to a grown woman. She was hesitant to tell him about how she felt considering she had no proof other than this guy feeling. "If you're busy then I can hang up, it's totally cool."

"No, no, I'm happy to talk anytime." He clarified promptly. "Is there anything you wanted to talk about?"

"Nothing in particular... What are you doing right now?"

Leo glanced down at his unhealthy breakfast and winced while trying to think of a lie that would impress (Y/n). "I actually just got back from the gym." He lied.

"That's pretty early." She commented.

"Yeah, well, I like to work out early in the morning. It's better if you don't think about it." He rambled falsely. "What about you?"

"I was just watering my indoor flowers... I'll get the ones outside later." She walked over to where the door to her garden was and glanced outside. "My hydrangeas are flaking out on me right now so I might have to call it day and look into getting some new seeds. They were already there when I moved in and the past owner said they'd been there for like nine years or something. I could see that they were in pretty bad shape but thought I could help them out but they're a lost cause, it's a real shame. Hydrangeas are such beautiful flowers and-" (Y/n) stopped herself. "Sorry, you probably don't care about any of that." She said gingerly.

"No, you can talk about whatever you want!" Even if Leo wasn't the most well-versed in the gardening world he was still more than happy to listen to (Y/n) enable on about it for as long as she liked. It filled him with such joy to hear her talk about any of her passions.

(Y/n) smiled and continued to talk on about her garden and the plans she had for it, her pleasant voice was like music to Leo's ears.

Even if the feeling didn't go away, talking to Leo definitely took her mind off the goosebumps on her arms.

Atlas frowned as he looked at his computer monitor. From being quite high up in the design team he'd earned himself his own office which Atlas never really thought much of until now.

Now he could have the feed from (Y/n)'s apartment constantly playing on one of his monitors while he worked on the other one. Sometimes he found himself getting lost in his thoughts and neglecting work in favor of staring at the screen but Atlas didn't care much so long as he got everything he needed to do done.

He wished now more than ever that he'd also set up mics, he'd fully intended to do this but since the cameras were installed he'd noticed (Y/n) catching on a bit. Not enough to suspect him but enough that breaking in again might be a bad idea.

She was talking to someone on the phone, smiling as she chatted. Atlas wanted to know who it was. Badly.

Sure, it could've been a member of her family and he had nothing to worry about but equally it could be someone trying to steal (Y/n) away.

Atlas wouldn't allow that.