Thirty One

Syd
Our annoying ass alarm went off at 8:30, signaling we have to get up and pack up the hotel room cause we have a plane to catch soon.
I got up and shook Soph awake and we both got out of bed. She went to take a shower first while I grabbed my outfit for the day and started to pack up the rest of the room. I took all of our stuff from the bathroom and the drawers and started to pack it away in our bags.
While I was packing I took a minute to look through some of the stuff I took from Matt's last night, mostly old pictures from our childhood. We had a lot of good memories growing up, and seeing pictures I had never seen before was amazing.
When Soph got out of the shower, she took over the job of packing up while I went to shower. I threw on a simple outfit, a crop top and leggings, and did simple makeup consisting of mascara and some concealer to hide the fact that I'm really tired.
When we were both done, it was close to 10, and our plane was to start boarding at noon. Checkout was also at 10, so we finished getting all of our stuff and we headed down stairs.
We didn't want to be a burden and have to ask anyone to drive us to the airport, so we were planning on getting an Uber. When i told Matt this, however, he argued and offered to drive us to the airport to save us the money. We accepted his offer and he said he would pick us up at 10.
We took the elevator to the lobby and returned our room keys to the front desk before meeting Matt outside. He put our bags in his car and we got in, me in the front seat and Soph in the back.
When we started to drive to the airport, there was a bit of traffic, but not a ton. I wouldn't consider it heavy but it wasn't light.
We jammed out to oldies the entire drive which was so much fun. It was a pretty nice day out so we had the top of his convertible down while driving on the highway with the wind in our hair. Also the hair in our lipgloss. If ya know, ya know.
When we got to the airport, it was about 45 minutes after we had left the hotel. We were cutting it close, but we were in danger of missing our flight just yet.
When we went in, I said goodbye to Matt and have my big bro a hug before grabbing my luggage from the back and going to the departures entrance.
When we went inside, we found our way to TSA clear, and we waited behind this older couple as they went through. When it was finally our turn, Soph went first, scanning her iris, and I went second.
When we e went through the metal detector, we both passed through without any problems, so we started walking towards our gate.
We passed a Starbucks on the way, and given the fact that we have 30 minutes to kill, we stopped. I ordered an americano while Soph got a cold brew. When we got to the gate, we sat by the window, and we could see our plane getting prepped behind us. We were so bored so I set up my phone on my luggage and we took some timer pics that were really funny.
While taking pictures, they started to board; and considering we were in the third boarding group, we had to get up and get ready to board. While boarding, we waited in a line to scan our boarding passes, so I took advantage of that time and I put some of the pictures into VSCO to edit them, cause not gonna lie, they were pretty cute and I wanted to post them.
When it finally got to me, I showed the worker my driver's license, and he scanned my passport before letting me through the gate to the long corridor leading to the plane door.
Soph followed right behind me, taking her seat next to me in the first class section of the pretty small plane.
When we sat down, I showed Soph the edited pics and we both decided to post before we were told to turn our planes to airplane mode. Still connected to the airport WiFi, we both posted pics before turning our phones to airplane mode, as per instructed by the flight attendants.

Liked by sophzegras, trevorzegras, and 1,102 othersSydneyMartin dysfunctional airport selfies w my booTagged: @sophzegras Sophzegras hehe love u Jackhughes_ sorry to break it to you Soph, but she's all mineSophzegras quiet down hughsey SydneyMarti...

SydneyMartin dysfunctional airport selfies w my boo
Tagged: @sophzegras
Sophzegras hehe love u
Jackhughes_ sorry to break it to you Soph, but she's all mine
Sophzegras quiet down hughsey
SydneyMartin I can't w you two
Quinnhughes_ come back before jack burns the house down
Jackhughes_ it was a close call but technically nothing caught on fire. Just a lot of smoke.
SydneyMartin good grief
Mattymarts17 gonna miss having you here
SydneyMartin miss you too broski
_alexturcotte I don't think this constitutes a selfie
Colecaufield ^^
SydneyMartin lmao I really don't care, Alex

——

Liked by colecaufield, Jackhughes_, and 1,452 othersSophzegras airport companion Tagged: @sydneymartin _Alexturcotte miss you Sophzegras miss you more Colecaufield I hope you know Alex snuck his phone onto the bench so he could be the first one to...

Sophzegras airport companion
Tagged: @sydneymartin
_Alexturcotte miss you
Sophzegras miss you more
Colecaufield I hope you know Alex snuck his phone onto the bench so he could be the first one to like and comment on your post
Sophzegras awe
Sophzegras but get back to practice so you can kick Canada's ass tonight 🇺🇸
SydneyMartin ^^
Jackhughes_ I'll be mad if I don't see you guys at the game
Sophzegras oh don't worry we'll be there
Trevorzegras who the fuck uses the word "companion" anymore
Colecaufield she's trying to sound cool by using fancy words she knows we have to google
Sophzegras okay cool it you vexatious pillock
Colecaufield WOWW I see how it is.

——

Sophia
When we landed, we got our bags from the overhead compartment and made our way to the front of the plane. When we left, we thanked all the flight staff, and walked down the corridor to the gate.
It was about an hour after we had taken off, which is normal for such a short distance. We made our way through the airport to the Uber pickup area and called an Uber. We only waited for a few minutes before our driver pulled up. She helped us put our bags in the trunk of the car, and then started her gps to get us to our house.
Syd and I spent most of the drive talking to the driver and also responding to insta comments and snaps that we had missed while on the plane.
The drive to the house was pretty average, only about 45 minutes. The boys were supposed to be home by now, so when we knocked on the door, we expected one of them to answer.
Ah, we were correct. Cole answered the door and gave us both hugs as we came in. Jack was the next to come up, giving me a hug and Syd a hug and kiss, as Alex walked up and gave me a kiss on the cheek and told me he missed me.
They had a big game tonight, so I let them go rest up while I went to unpack. Syd was going to go home to unpack and get ready for a few hours, and then meet us back at the arena for the game tonight.
I went up to my room and got all my dirty clothes to throw in the washing machine. I made myself a cup of tea and did some laundry while the guys were resting. I also cleaned up a little considering the boys live like pigs when theres nobody around to make them clean up. The exception is Quinn, he's pretty tidy, at least compared to the others who's rooms look like a pigsty.
After I cleaned up I decided I was pretty hungry, so I placed an order with my favorite smoothie place and lied down on the couch for a few minutes before I had to leave to pick it up.