Twenty Six

Sydney
We got off the plane about an hour and 15 minutes after we had taken off, and I woke Soph up from her nap. She always slept on planes, and even though this flight was in the middle of the day, she was still napping.
I tapped her on the shoulder to wake her as soon as we started our descent and she woke up. The flight attendant came around to collect our garbage, as we started to descend. Within minutes we were on the ground, zipping down the runway at a slowing pace.
When we finally stopped, they began to let the first class passengers off the plane. As soon as we got into the gate, I turned my phone off of airplane mode, and saw I had a text from Matt, saying he was waiting for us in the arrivals sector of JFK airport.
With our suitcases in hand, we made our way to the pickup area. Matt drove us to the hotel that we would be staying at, the Garden City Hotel, bear where all the guys on the team lived, and only about 10 minutes from Nassau Coliseum, where they played their games. Mat was going to meet us at the hotel, and we were going to change and get ready to go out for dinner.
The airport was decently busy, but let's be honest, it's JFK, when is it not busy? Anyway, we went out to where Matt was waiting, and as soon as I saw him I gave him the biggest hug. I had just seen him pretty recently, but he's my big bro, I missed the big dummy.
We put our bags in his car and I got in the front seat while Soph got in the back. We had a somewhat long drive to the hotel, it was probably a good 40 minute drive. We had dinner reservations at this really nice restaurant at 8:30, so we weren't concerned about missing those. After all, the restaurant was pretty close to the hotel, so we wouldn't have a long trip there.
In the car we immediately got to talking about what's been up with the Islanders, as well at Matt and his wife, Sydney. He asked some questions about how Jack was, and the other guys, and Soph told him that she and Alex were now dating, which Matt seemed to approve of.
He told me that the Islanders were all doing pretty good, and that they had a game coming up on Thursday night, and he invited us to come. We of course said yes, and by the time that conversation had wrapped up, we were pulling into the hotel parking lot. Matt took our bags from the trunk for us and we started towards the entrance. We went inside and saw Barzy sitting on a couch in the lobby, waiting for us. I gave him a huge hug, as did Soph, and we headed to the front desk to check in.
We got our room keys, to our King suite, and we headed towards the elevator. Mat and Matt told us about the restaurant we had reservations at and that we should dress somewhat fancy. They were both wearing button down shirts and slacks, so that gave me an idea of how to dress.
When we got to our floor, we walked to our room and I used my key to open the door. The room has a beautiful view that was made more gorgeous by the sun starting to set. By now it was around 8:10 so we had about 20 minutes before dinner. Soph and I both opened our bags on our bed and grabbed our dresses to go change.
One thing that apparently guys find extremely weird is that we went in the bathroom to change together. At first I was so confused but then I realized I guess it makes sense, cause we need to help each other zip our dresses and stuff, so I can understand why they'd be confused. It was still pretty funny when we went to the bathroom together though. Apparently they didn't know that was a normal thing for girls.
About five minutes later we came out and changed our shoes. I brushed my hair and put some hairspray in while Soph threw on some nude pink lipstick. Soph asked me to take a quick picture of her outfit while we were getting ready to leave, which I of course took.
"Okay let's go, chill with the pictures" Mat says jokingly, before lightly pushing us towards the door.
I jokingly rolled my eyes at him, and we headed to the elevator. By now, it was 8:22, so we might be a few minutes late.
Lucky for us the restaurant was only a five minute drive, it was in a neighboring town, so we might be exactly on time. We all got in Matt's car and put on our seatbelts before pulling out of the parking lot.
I looked over and Soph was deciding which of the pictures I took to post on Instagram, and after a minute or two we decided on a cute one that highlighted her dress and also made her hair look bomb.
——