Chapter 10: Holy Fire

Light brown feathers fluttered through the air, the underbelly of which were stained black, natural white blotches peeking through. Nightingale wings, attached to a white haired fallen angel. An angel who was helping the Devil fly.

"I don't see how this is necessary," Azazel growled dropping Lucifer on the balls of his feet, the later dusting off his pristine suit.

"It's obvious where the trident has gone," the fallen angel continued to mutter, glaring vially at the pearly golden gates standing tall- seemingingly stretching endlessly, reaching from the blooming ground to up far into the sky.

Lucifer sighed, delicately smoothing his hair while stepping towards the gate "making assumptions is how we make mistake my dear Azazel."

"I wasn't aware the devil made mistakes," Azazel rebuttal with a smirked.

Lucifer scoffed "I don't, that is why we are here."

The devil reached his hand up toward the gate, flexing his palm out and spreading his fingers apart.

Nothing happened.

"Come on you pricks don't make me stand here all day!" Lucifer yelled out to seemingly no one.

"Why are you here," a voice low and filled with venom growled from behind the gate.

"Ah," the devil smiled dropping his hand "there we are- listen little one I need you to go and get one of our siblings, preferably someone who holds any sort of power in this...father for saken place."

"Forsaken- this Heaven you absolute dolt!"

"And?" Lucifer dismissed while fiddling with one of the cufflinks on his sleeve.

The angel on the other side of the gates wings ruffled in anger but before anymore words could be exchange between the two a sparrow interrupted.

"Lucifer," Gavreel smiled "it's rare to see you here how lovely for you to visit."

The other angel sent a shocked glance up at their older sister before she gently waved them off "please darling go fetch Gabriel for me, yes?"

The former opened their mouth to argue before quickly shutting it tight. The smaller angel glanced nervously at the devil who offered a playful grin and jazz hands.

"As you wish Gavreel," they muttered lowly before stalking off, casting one last glance at the fallens.

"Gavreel my dear still the charming little sister I remember I see!" Lucifer smiled widely.

Gavreel smirked, leaning against the gate, arms lazily resting on the bars.

"What brings the king of Hell to Heaven of all places?"

"Can't I visit my family without a proper reason?" He laughed joining his sister against the gate.

Gavreel hummed a suspicious smile on her face and an eyebrow raised.

"Speaking of," Lucifer leaned back slightly "it'd be easier to talk without all-" he waved his hand gesturing at the gate between them "this in the way."

"True but you know as well as I that fallen angels are forbidden to step foot into to Heaven."

"Lucifer," Azazel snapped stepping into view.

"Oh hello Azazel you're looking...pale."

The nightingale winged angel glared sharply at her "well we don't get a lot of sun in Hell or any light really."

Gavreel frowned deeply, hands tightly gripping the cool bars of the gate.

"Now Azazel be nice," Lucifer scolded sending a warning glare to his irritated younger brother.