26-Infectaguine

"I don't understand. My father was killed by Methaya when I was very young." I said, in confusion.

The silence that followed those words echoed past the carnivorous forest. I glanced back towards the herd of trees that were listening seconds ago, however the beady eyes that lingered weren't there. I turned towards the huge Tranara in front of me.

Yet it had returned back into its camouflaged form. After a minute to collect my thoughts I yelled "Tranara!"
yet nothing.

"Please I need more. How is Carol Methaya.? Why is she Methaya? What memory am I supposed to see?"

I pleaded countlessly.

Finally I snapped.
"ANSWER ME!" I yelled. The rage was simmering inside me and now it had imploded. I still couldn't control my powers, so my hands were now spluttering fire.

A sharp hissing noise had erupted behind me, which led to a chain of disapproving sounds, emerging from the posing trees.

I turned to the Tranara, feeling hopeful yet it remained blank. I was so close to the truth yet the feeling of failure spiralled in my stomach, while I walked back to the direction I came from, except there was no longer a white heavenly door that arched singlehandedly.

I was now stuck here, alone and irritated. Right as I headed through the triumphant trees, a figure emerged.

It appeared to be a younger looking Aunt Carol. Her scruffy short hair was before, a beautiful, lapiz curl which draped to her shoulders. Her baggy eyes were full of vibrancy and a complimenting elegance.

She altogether looked more beautiful than ever, perhaps due to the lavish lifestyle that her former princess self had. This was before Carol had endured 500 years of trauma. However I couldn't help but feel furious when seeing her.

I hadn't even thought about the fact that my parents murderer was living amongst us for centuries. She hunted us down and destroyed whatever was left of our family. I wanted her dead.

She looked like she was approaching me, quite fearfully. She was sprinting and as she grew closer, she looked gravely bruised on her face. I was getting close to blasting her with my flames, yet she simply ran past me, without paying me any attention.

I swiftly followed her until she made a halt right in front of the Tranara. "Edgar!" She called out and within milliseconds. The Tranara, that I had been speaking to earlier, had transpired his wooden face and begun speaking.

"Yes my princess!" Bellowed Edgar politely.

"You already know? Don't you?" Cried Carol.

"Yes my princess. We, Tranaras have eyes everywhere." Interjected Edgar instantaneously.

Carol wailed. She almost stumbled to the floor yet regained her balance.
"Valencio is dead."

Immediately, whispers ushered from fellow Tranaras that lurked around the two. Carol was still oblivious to me. She didn't even know I was there.

"M-Methaya and her army of serpents poised the kingdom and battled with the first defence. S-She emergEd victoRious and sHe-" Carol had paused. She regained her composure. "She killed Valencio. I have sought refuge in the woods with the children. For Methaya to reach us, she will have to get past the next four defences."

"My Princess. Are you sure the other defences are that capable and haven't been compromised?" Questioned Edgar, who was looking more worried than he did when he spoke to me earlier.

"I am positive. The first defence; the mortal army was unlikely to defeat Methaya and was there to stall her. The other four; The Lambardas, The Avempis, The Exspira and The Parvacos will be very tough to get through and you Tranaras are the fifth defence. The most important one." She responded.