1: Marriage

*Years before*

Hillux Pov:

I sighed as I waited for her for 30 minutes. Until I got a message from the bride, "Fuck you!" Pagak akong natawa.

My bride hates me. I am in love with her the moment his das introduced me to her however, the lady was not interested to me, I knew that.

Besides, she was in love with someone. "Hillux.. W-We.. I'm sorry." It was her father, Mr. Bellouni.

"We're really sorry." Her mom added. They were humiliated because their own daughter runaway from her own wedding.

Tumango ako sa kanila kahit sa loob ko, sobrang nasaktan ako. Tumalikod ako sa kanila at huminga nang malalim bago binuksan ang pinto ng simbahan.

As I opened the door, the crowd immediately looked at me. "Finally!" I heard someone said.

I walked at the aisle as I reached the altar, I faced them and got the mic. "The wedding is cancelled." I heard the loud gasp of people, I heard their commotion. I even saw people pitying me due to their eyes.

I remained my composure and my face like I'm not affected with it despite the fact that I'm actually breaking inside. I proceed talking. "You may proceed to the reception and enjoy the night. You can feast and have fun. Let's think of everything as a party between Faustee and Bellouni's partnership deal." I bowed in front of the people and exited.

Hinarangan pa ako ng ina ni Heather. She gave me an apologetic smile as she held my hand. "I'm so sorry."

"You don't have to. It's not your fault, tita. Now, I should probably go, I have to head to Canada for a meeting." I said as I bowed at her.

I immediately got inside my car and started driving away from the Church. I knew the guests thought of me as an idiot or a pitiful person, I don't care because right now, my heart feels heartbroken.

"Arghh!" Galit na sabi ko nang huminto ako malapit sa isang bangin. I gave out a loud sigh as my eyes were clouded with tears.

My heart was stabbed multiple times due to the pain I'm feeling. Bakit ganito? Kahit na sinasaktan tayo ng mahal natin, hindi pa rin mawawala ang ideyang mahal na mahal mo sila at wala kang hinihinging kapalit?

Patuloy lamang ang pag-agos ng luha ko, nanghihina at sumasakit ang puso ko. She could've told me that she will not attend the wedding, in that way, I could have disagreed with this wedding.

I could probably accept her saying no, to the wedding.. But she gave me false hopes, she told me she'll attend the wedding just for the sake of the Faustee and Bellouni's partnership deal.

Pero ang totoo, pinagmukha niya aking tanga at naghintay naman ako sa kanya. Kasi tanga rin ako, sobrang saya ko dahil pumayag siya sa kasalan kahit na alam kong dahil lang sa partnership deal iyon.

But she made a fool out of me, she humiliated me and made me feel worthless. A phone call stopped me from crying, a cleared my throat before responding. "Yes?"

"Di ka sinipot ng babaeng yon? Ang kapal naman ng mukha niya!" Galit na sabi ni Bridget.

"It's fine." I said.

"Where are you right now?" She asked.

"I'm heading to Canada. I have a meeting there." I said trying to conceal that I was crying.

Hindi naman kasi masamang umiyak ang lalaki paminsan-minsan. Crying is not a sign of weakness, it's an emotion you need to let out because if you won't let it out, you'll have complications along the way and it includes one's happiness.