13: Secrets Kept Untold

Hillux's Pov:

He woke up not seeing his wife that morning. Sinabi nito kagabi na may pupuntahan daw ito ngayon. He just let her because he had no other reason to stop her from going anywhere. He actually wants to go with her but he stopped himself because they had no relationship.

Napaisip naman siya kay Soren bigla. Soren offered him to be with her again. Soren knew he was already divorced.

He was tempted for a second but he doesn't deserve her. Woman does not deserve to be a rebound. You must learn to respect them so, he rejected her offer.

Soren was persistent. She even told him that if he could no longer stop the pain, then he must consult her. She will try everything to make me stop loving Heather.

But he doubt it, he fell deeply on Heather. So deep that he could no longer help himself to swim back.

Nagpakalunod siya sa pagmamahal kaya ngayon, hirap na hirap siyang makaahon pa. He does not know when he is going to stop loving her.

He doesn't know and he wants it to stop because it's seriously inflicting pain. He recalled what happened yesterday.

****Flashback****

"Soren.." He stopped her. He was drunk but he knew what she was going to do.

"I'm sorry." She said.

"I need to go home now. It's late." He said.

"I will take you home." Sabi nito.

"No, you drank --"

"I haven't.. Ikaw uminom lahat. I will just take you home. Nothing will happen, I promise." She said. So, he nodded and let her take him home.

Finally, they arrived. Honestly, his visions were getting blurry. "Heather.. Heather.." He kept mentioning his ex wife's name.

"It is so unfair. Kahit na lasing ka, yung babaeng yon pa rin ang laman ng isip mo. Now, I regretted I chose my academics over you." He heard Soren said.

Narinig niyang lumabas ito. Lumabas na rin siya at dahan-dahan siyang naglakad dahil nahihilo talaga siya.

"I'll get inside now." He said and walked at the gate.

But before he entered, Soren hugged him from the back. "Wala na ba talaga akong pag-asa? Hillux.. I really love you." Naiiyak na sabi ng babae.

Tinanggal niya ang kamay nito sa bewang niya. "I.. I am sorry, Soren. Someday you will find the one for you. The man who will love you more than me. I am sorry but I am in love with her. My love for her is deeper than the love I had with you. She made me and she broke me, in the end, I decide to love her despite the pain she brings to me." I said sincerely.

"Pero paano ako Hillux? I suffered in those years without you. I was in the brink of my insanity. Hindi ko na kaya nong wala ka, I went back because I can no longer stop myself. I totally love you. I have missed you so much. Ngayong divorce ka na, bakit, bakit di mo pa rin kayang magmahal ng iba? I promise you.. I will be better than her. Just stay with me." Naiiyak na sabi nito.

"I'll stay with you but as a friend and no more than that, Soren." I said.

"Wala na ba talaga tayong pag-asa?" She asked.

I shrugged. "I don't know. I can't even let go of her despite the fact that we are divorced now. Everyday I am trying to chain myself. I am stopping myself from my usual habits as her husband." I said. "I am hurting every time she is near and at the same time, I am barely breathing if she is no longer around. I do not know why I can't stop myself from loving her." I said.