11: Unbearable

Heather's Pov:

He was safe. He was finally stable. He almost died but he fought death.

Hindi ko alam anong gagawin ko kapag kinuha siya sa akin. Lalong-lalo na ngayon na mahal ko na siya at dala-dala ko ang regalo niya sa akin.

But it wasn't perfect at all, I just received the divorce papers. Masaya ako na ligtas siya pero malungkot naman ako dahil sa papel na hawak ko ngayon.

Hillux.. He finally divorced me. I can't blame him though. It was my fault.

It was my fault that he divorced me. He gave up on me because I was hurting him. He can no longer bear the pain I'm inflicting to him.

But.. I can't give him up. I love him. I really do.

I spent the weeks living in the hospital. I wanted him to see me first the moment he wakes up. "Iha, you can return home today. Ako na muna magbabantay kay Hillux." Hillux's mom told me. "Besides, you are pregnant, you have to take care of yourself." She genuinely said.

"Okay lang po, ma. I will stay here. I want to stay with Hillux po." I said.

"Are you sure? Are you uncomfortable with the setup iha? Baka gusto mo magpadala ako ng helper to help you,"  She said.

"I'm really fine po." I sincerely said. Hillux's mom is so gentle. Hillux has acquired his mom's gentleness and kindness.

"Okay. I am going to go now. I will bring your milk and some food okay? Kumain ka rin ng tama." Bilin nito bago umalis.

"Opo." I said. Hillux's mom hugged me and went home.

Naiwan naman ako sa loob ng kwarto. I went back to my usual spot. Umupo ako sa tabi ni Hillux at hinawakan ang kamay niya. "Honey.. When are you going to wake up? I missed talking to you." I said. "Once you wake up, I'll make up for everything. So please, wake up honey. I am so sorry for saying those words. I was so jealous of her, Hillux. I don't like Soren approaching you. I even banned her from visiting you. Hillux.. I love you."

Just like those other days, he did not respond. I will try again tomorrow. Dahil nga maantukin ang buntis, mabilis siyang dinalaw ng antok kaya siya nakatulog.

================================

She woke up in the middle of the night because she found her position uncomfortable. She stood up from her chair. Inayos niya muna ang kumot ni Hillux at pumasok sa banyo.

She washed her face and wiped it. She smiled when she saw herself. She was starting to gain weight.

She felt excited to be a mother at the same time, she was also scared. But she'll overcome those fears, everything for their baby.

Hinawakan niya ang maliit pang tiyan at lumabas ng banyo. She went back to observe her husband. He grew some whiskers.

It wasn't dirty at all. He felt matured and hot with his whiskers. She held his face but she was shocked because he slowly opened his eyes.

"Hillux.." She said. Mabilis niyang pinindot ang intercom ng hospital. "Doctor. The patient is awake!" She announced.

Her tears fell due to the happiness she felt right now. "W-Water." Agad naman siyang rumesponde.

She grabbed a glass and filled it with water. She assisted him in drinking it. After drinking it, he looked at her with longing.

Nagkatinginan lang sila hanggang sa pumasok ang doktor para obserbahan siya. The doctor asked some questions and he was answering to the questions.

Nagpasalamat siya sa doctor at umupo sa tabi ng asawa. "A-Are you finally awake? Are you okay? Do you need something?" She asked.

Umiling lang ito at hindi tumingin sa kanya. She felt hurt because of his reaction. Silence filled the room but it didn't take long because the door opened.