15: Sudden Move

Heather's Pov:

I was outside the operation room while anxiously waiting for the doctor to go out. "Heather, where is my son?!" It was Hillux's mom.

"H-He's inside po." But the moment I said those words, Hillux's mom slapped me. I held my face because of the painful slap. I definitely deserved it.

"My son has been suffering because of you. Tinanggap ko lahat. Nong sinabi niya ang balitang ikinasal kayo, I remained happy for him because I can see how much he loves you. Pero nong nakita ko ang panloloko mo sa anak ko, pinalampas ko yon kasi sabi niya okay lang. And I gave you another chance to make up for your mistakes. Nong sinabi ni Hillux that both of you were happy and your relationship is smootly sailing, I became positive and happy. And then, you cheated on him again and you hurt him again. It leads to the reason why he got an accident because of you! I never blame you before but you're nothing but a mere unlucky woman who only brings sadness and pain to my son! And now, he risked his life protecting you again!" Tears fell from her face while I felt even more sad and guilty.

"I am sorry." That's the only three words that came out from my mouth. Sorry. I can definitely feel her mom's pain. She loves his son so much.

"Sorry? You should not apologize to me but to my son. Honestly, I could have brought him to Arizona so that he will never look for you again. But my son, he is very stubborn. He only wanted you so much to the point that he is already hurting himself. W-Why don't you just push him away and leave him? You are hurting him." Naiiyak na sabi ng ginang habang nakikiusap sa isang bagay na ayaw kong gawin. My tears fell even more.

"I am sorry for all those that happened but mom, I will never give him up. Hindi ko kayang iwan sa Hillux. And I'm still thankful to you for not stopping him from pushing himself to me. I can't promise I will never hurt him again but if ever I would hurt him again, please punish me just don't let him stay away from me. I don't have plans of letting him go. If loving me is a curse to you, it is a blessing to Hillux and to me." I wiped my tears. "I promise I will be more careful this time around. I love your son and I am planning to have a family with him. So, I am sorry. I will never leave him alone. I don't deserve him but I will try to be the best woman for him." I said with conviction.

Hillux's mom was shocked because of my words because I knew she was not expecting it. She was about to speak when the door opened. We all approached the doctor. "How's my husband doc?" I asked Geilmore View Bellouni, my cousin.

"He is fine and is already stable. He still needs to recover. It was a good thing that the woman only stabbed him with a pocket knife. It is a blessing that the knife didn't hit his vital parts. I managed to stop the bleeding, he needs a few more days for him to recover." I cried because of the wonderful news. Hillux's mom also thank God. I silently also thank Him for His kindness.

"Thank you, View!" Naiiyak na sabi ko sa pinsan ko.

He just nodded and left while a woman approached him. The woman even hugged his arm but he pushed her away. As expected of her cousin who never likes a woman nor a man.

****

She can see Hillux's slowly opening his eyes. She smiled while a tear fell from her eye, "Hon.." Naiiyak na sabi niya. Hillux smiled. She held his hand and kissed it. "Do you need anything?" She asked and wiped her tear.

"Water." Agad naman siyang nagsalin ng tubig at itinaas ng konti ang kama para makaupo nang maayos si Hillux. She slowly assisted him in drinking the water from its glass.

After he drank, she placed the glass on the table. Hillux signalled her to come near so, she sat on the bed to face him but she was surprised when Hillux shamelessly claimed her lips.